Dueling Tanks

ReefSafari

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update....Big changes comming soon, both of us are basically starting over and doing things different. Amanda has always wanted to do a 33 long and I have been wanting to drill a 40b and have a sump....well looks like by next weekend we will have totally new tanks...BOTH of us!!!(clap) No more Sharing a 40b(rock2)(clap)(rock2)

Stay tuned for new build threads, at least from me...But I will consider this venture into "Dueling 40b's" to be over...Time to move on, New 40b for me and new 33 long for Amanda!!! Whooo hooo!

Amandas sneak peak....New T5 light fixture on the way!

PB300237.jpg

I don't have a sneak peak picture, but I can give you a mental picture of what I have comming this week....

40g Breeder (Already have it) will be drilled with a Glass-Holes overflow, 20g long sump with Reef Octopus protien skimmer, Mag5 return pump with dual returns, I have 50lbs of Marco Rock comming also, and to top it off I am starting out with one Vortec MP10w ES......and after christmas I will get another one for the other side. Will be using my dual 250w Sunpod for lighting but will be upgrading the bulbs to Pheonix 14k's.....Hopefully this will all take place next weekend, at least things will be here by then and I can start drilling and setting things up.

nice the 33 longs look pretty cool' date=' have never seen one, where did you get it?[/quote']

We bought it used locally, I remember Rose City Aquarium had one at one time, they seem harder to come by these days, but they are basically 48"x12"x12" (like a 55g but half the hieght) They are awsome for a mostly softy and some lps, which is what she will be doing. She has a 4 bulb T5 fixture comming which I think will be perfect for a 12" tall and 12" wide tank. Looking forward to seeing it all setup.