Tri color seems very resilient

CA2OR

So I don't know if I have the pics to support this but I have a try color that for over a year was on the borderline of extinction....then I just went to ignoring my tank....again....and I was shocked to see the results

These were taken just the other day....Snowpunk and others have seen this brown and receeding....some have even seen this almost completely white....

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

I just don't know what to say, but it seems that this particular SPS is very resilient. This has been through salinity and ph drops, nitrate spikes, a flame angel attack, and zero dosing....guess it adjusted.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Sent from my Droid

You know, I have experienced something simular...

Its wierd as I get this urge to NEED to dose, I think its that idea that its supposed to be good for your corals, so I should do it...I have Calcium, Strontium and Magnesium, and Iodine....but honestly when I dose per the bottles instructions it seems to slow things down....

I went for a time without dosing anything....like you almost purposely neglecting my tank, things seemed to spring to life...while I don't advocate neglecting your tank, I do think that there are alot of salesmenship and snake oil products that you don't need for a healthy reef tank...

I have once again stopped dosing my tank...and I am going to see what happens...but from my limited experience...it seemed to do better when I didn't dose....

Also I think everyone's opinion varies so much, what might be a major salinity flux to one person, might be a normal water change for the other....lol...

Very irregular water changes...like every few months, no testing, no dosing

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That is cool that you found an sps that will tolerate all that. Just dont let it get into the mediterranean, they still havent cleaned up all that caulerpa LOL (scary) (laugh) (sad) Does it seem to have a good growth rate as well?

Re: Tri color seems very resilient

I don't think so....I dunno...I haven't paid much attention to that piece in a while. It did seem to regrow over the dead parts quickly though

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...