my new nano tank

Isaac

my new nano tank  

1. 1.

• Soft corals and a blue spot jawfish
    • Planted freshwater tank

Just got my self a nano cube 24g. I haven't had a tank at home for a while so this is kind of exciting. Now I need to decide what I want to put in it. I kind of like the idea of keeping colorful mushrooms and maybe one cool fish like a blue spot jaw or something. I have also considered doing a freshwater tank for a change of pace. It's been years since I've had one but I always enjoyed having a planted tank.

• Like 1

Pictures would be pretty boring right now. It's an empty 24 gallon jbj nano. Nothing special. I just want to keep it fun and simple.

This is true...maybe what I should have said is "Where is your build thread?"

Happy you have a new tank!

Not much of a build thread as it is an all in one type tank with a factory stand. Total hot rod tank. Unlike your very ordinary new one. (sarcasm if you didn't notice)

I should purchase all of my supplies from Sarcastic Corals.

Did someone say poll?

A poll it has been too long!(clap) You do realize that you are going to get all votes for saltwater. You are on a saltwater forum site you know..;)

That was some sarcasm....(laugh)

Glad to hear you got a little nano tank. Everyone needs a nano in their life!

Follow your heart Don Isaac!

I have lot's of saltwater tanks. A fresh water tank would allow me to be more of a hobbyist again.

True but freshwater has it's limits. But you could get one of those fake moving objects like a treasure chest or skeleton!(clap)

True but freshwater has it's limits. But you could get one of those fake moving objects like a treasure chest or skeleton!(clap)

Well, you just clowned on that idea. There are some really amazing planted tanks out there. No plastic ornaments.

Well' date=' you just clowned on that idea. There are some really amazing planted tanks out there. No plastic ornaments.[/quote']

I know it's just I have had freshwater tanks before so the saltwater hobby is new to me.

I kind of liked the plastic ornaments when I was a kid. I thought they were cute!

There are some nifty salt water planted tanks out there too. In a 24 you could do some ochotodes, some red grape, maybe a short branching codium, a twig of sargassum, and even a mermaids fan for some added texture. A non photo gorg and maybe another non photo coral and a unquie fish like a leaf or angler. . . Could be pretty awesome. Not many great salt water planted tanks out there. . .

I happen to know someone who could donate some clippings to your cause as well.

I have lot's of saltwater tanks. A fresh water tank would allow me to be more of a hobbyist again.

So ture! I have seen some amazing FWPT! If anyone says it's the easy route then they are wrong, the planted freshwater is just as demanding as a reef. It would also be a nice change from your store when coming home so ya dont get burnt out. JMO

Re: my new nano tank

So ture! I have seen some amazing FWPT! If anyone says it's the easy route then they are wrong' date=' the planted freshwater is just as demanding as a reef. It would also be a nice change from your store when coming home so ya dont get burnt out. JMO[/quote']

Agreed, I miss my cichlid tank regularly

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk