New sponsor coming soon

Isaac

Coming soon:

It is a joke to be a sponsor at PNWMAS.org aquatics. Since the name is pretty long you can just call it Bull Snot Aquatics.

Seriously though the club needs to take sponsorships more seriously and charge more.

[quote=Isaac;

Seriously though the club needs to take sponsorships more seriously and charge more. Why would I want to continue being a sponsor here when half of my potential customers are soon to be competing sponsors(flame)(flame)[/quote

I would consider it a compliment! If you have done that good of a job with your business model that others think that they can duplicate it...you've done well. You may have to change up a few things to keep the loyal customers comming back, but they will.

I have recently seen 2 hobbyists now become sponsors and wondered what was going on also?

Thats right!!! Amy one can go spend the $ to be a business and then get accounts at wholesalers and there Hobie just became cheaper. Something needs to be done about the wholesalers and who they sell to and what they conceder a business. Also IMO the group here should also implement some kind of rules or guidelines for what an appropriate sponsor should be, plus charge more for sponsorship.

Thats right!!! Amy one can go spend the $ to be a business and then get accounts at wholesalers and there Hobie just became cheaper. Something needs to be done about the wholesalers and who they sell to and what they conceder a business. Also IMO the group here should also implement some kind of rules or guidelines for what an appropriate sponsor should be' date=' plus charge more for sponsorship.[/quote']I thought you guys already had those "standards" in place. I didnt realize all this time that anyone could become a sponsor by simply requesting it.

Thats right!!! Amy one can go spend the $ to be a business and then get accounts at wholesalers and there Hobie just became cheaper. Something needs to be done about the wholesalers and who they sell to and what they conceder a business. Also IMO the group here should also implement some kind of rules or guidelines for what an appropriate sponsor should be' date=' plus charge more for sponsorship.[/quote']

Agreed.

I know some wholesalers require a brick and mortar store, I think this to be wise at this point. Thee are to many garage style on line stores for the real stores to stay in business. If the real stores go out, we are all screwed.

JMO.

Personally I would like to see sponsorship be a privileged, that is to be instituted by more then writing a check for $50. Some of our sponsors would really be happy with just a rotating banner, that is all they use this site for. While I am grateful to the big companies that help us here, and I would support them over companies that do not, there needs to be a type of tier system for sponsors IMO.

Local stores who are supportive should be treated differently then a company who just wants add space.

The other question that persists is if we are more choosy about who can become a sponsor how do we handle garage style stores that have a wholesale license? It is not fair for them to sell in the classified section posing as members for the members or the sponsors.

There are a lot of decisions to be made here that need to be thought out carefully.

I guess thats the biggest difference with this board and the "other" web forums. This site is member driven and not owned by any one particular person. The greed factor has taken over on some of the other sites and sponsorship pricing as gone up drastically? But the trick is there isnt even a quoted guideline, criteria, or pricing structure on how to become a sponsor. You have to email someone on what the cost is and you can pay there quoted rate or if you have a coral they want, they'll take that as part trade. At least PNWMAS does have a board that helps determine these issues. It may take a while to resolve things sometimes, but hey it's better than having one guy in complete control.

Who me? I've been in the biz for 5 years now. Been in the warehouse for over 2 years now.

No perry, i was not talking about you.

no disrespect intended at all, just someone complaining about members becoming sponsors when they did the same thing not long ago is kinda silly. I think that if someone wants to turn there hobby into some sort of money maker, good for them. Personally I would love to be able to find some way to support my addiction. I think the majority of people would if they could.

Maybe create different levels of sponsorship. more if you want a banner, yada yada.

I was making a point that the policy needs to be changed. I think it is great if hobbyists want to go into business. I also think that more value should be placed on becoming a sponsor. Thank you for the personal attack. You hit me with quite a scathing retort.:D

No perry, i was not talking about you.

no disrespect intended at all, just someone complaining about members becoming sponsors when they did the same thing not long ago is kinda silly. I think that if someone wants to turn there hobby into some sort of money maker, good for them. Personally I would love to be able to find some way to support my addiction. I think the majority of people would if they could.

Maybe create different levels of sponsorship. more if you want a banner, yada yada.

I'm going to close this thread as I feel that the point has been made. Agree or disagree but some of us feel that the clubs policy regarding Sponsorships is due for some amending. This was not an attack on any particular new sponsor but rather an attempt to get the club to take a look at where things are going. And regardless of the time line in which I established my business this is how I feel now and how I felt then.