Roggers reef food

madmike

I am going to be ordering some of this food soon

http://www.roggersreeffood.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=25&Itemid=53

It has been getting alot of praise on RC from folks that use it. It is an all-in-one food like rods that contains some good stuff like Wild caught shrimp, squid, octopus, shucked fresh clam and juice, mussels, scallops, lobster, 100% pure spirulina, fresh pressed garlic, 100% pure fresh aloe vera, Cyclop-eeze®, and Selcon™.

It is made by a chef from florida who is also a reefkeeper.

There is free shipping on orders over $100 and I only need a few packs so if anyone wants to jump in let me know.

later

Mike

Re: Roggers reef food

Hey Mike,

I'd be down to try a pack of the 7oz plus. I would get more but it looks more like a meaty mix over veggie mix and most of my fish are veggie eaters.

Shoot me a pm when your ready to order so we can work out payment and a place to pick it up. Somewhere in the middle of all of us would be great.

Thanks,

Josh

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Aloe-vera?

Yep, it is used for a bunch of things and is probably in some foods you eat.

Shoot me a pm when your ready to order so we can work out payment and a place to pick it up. Somewhere in the middle of all of us would be great.

Sounds good, if we can get a couple of more people in on this I will order this week and we can set up a pickup somewhere. I could meet you in-between.

if those are the ingredients, can't you make them yourself?

Eric had a great diy on doing this. He suggested everyone bring an ingredient, and then make a huge batch out of it for all to share.

Mike,

I'll take a couple packages to try. Let me know how you want me to get you the money. We're both in the couve so maybe we could meet somewhere. I also saw on their site that Dr.s Foster & Smith is going to carry it in July also. I order frozen food from them every month or 2 also.

Dave

I just looked and it is on foster & smith right now. I'd still try it now to see how it works and if people like it you could piggy back on my next foster & smith order to get some more. I order quite a bit of frozen from foster & smith so the qty discount would apply.

How is it different form Rod's food?

From the responses on RC, the food stays togeather even when put into the water, it doesnt disperse like rods does. Alot of people put it into a mesh type feeder and the fish will all come and take from that, leaving much less waste (this is what they are claiming).

Dave, what type and size would you like? I'll just order it and you can pay me when we meet up.

So far the order will be

Madmike- 2 7oz complete plus and 1 of the 7oz complete reef, 1 of the mesh clips

Aquaman30K- 1 7oz complete plus

barelycuda- ?

Kshack- ?

Anyone else? Let me know by the middle of the week and I can place the order for delivery sometime next week, hopefully it wont be so hot next week.

Mike

I just looked and it is on foster & smith right now.

I order all my salt from fosters and smith but have never ordered frozen due to the shipping costs....but with the larger tank and larger fish I am going thru alot of food! I might take you up on piggy backing on a fosters order in the future for some PE mysis if you don't mind.

Mike

Mike,

I'll let you know when i order next. Probably some time next month. I usually order around $200 worth of frozen at a time to make it worth while and get the discount. I usually end up spending about half of what it costs in the store.

I'll take (1) ea. of the 7oz complete reef and (1) ea. of the 7oz complete plus.

Thanks

Let me know when it comes in and we'll get together.

I'll let you know when i order next. Probably some time next month

Sounds good.

So far the order will be

Madmike- 2 7oz complete plus and 1 of the 7oz complete reef, 1 of the mesh clips

Aquaman30K- 1 7oz complete plus

barelycuda- (1) ea. of the 7oz complete reef and (1) ea. of the 7oz complete plus.

Kshack- ?

We have enough for free shipping so I will order soon. I'll email rogger and let him know that temps are going to be near 100 degrees here this week and see if that is going to be a problem, if not I will order this week.

Just got an email from Rogger. He is in south florida and says he has no problems with shipping in the heat. I am going to place the order tomorrow for a thursday ship/Friday delivery so if anyone else wants some let me know by tomorrow.

Yep, it is used for a bunch of things and is probably in some foods you eat.

Right, but so are lots of things -- what's the reason behind adding aloe-vera to fish food? Is it for nutritional reasons, or as a gel binder, or ?

Right, but so are lots of things -- what's the reason behind adding aloe-vera to fish food? Is it for nutritional reasons, or as a gel binder, or ?

I believe it is for nutritional reasons as the manufacturer states there are no preservatives or binders used (maybe they just mean gel binders?). But i'm no fish food expert but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

EDIT, from the website

Why is aloe vera in the food?

I started experimenting with aloe vera in my fish food formula when I learned of all the wonderful properties and abundance of vitamins, minerals and other beneficial substances that it contains. Some of the minerals found in aloe vera juice include calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, chromium, magnesium, manganese and zinc. It has Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid and Niacin. Aloe vera also contains amino acids and a rich supply of building materials that help to produce collagen an, essential protein found in all animals and specifically in fish scales.