Reefers Abroad?

Algae

I was just musing over the possibility of having a sister site. Maybe something along the lines of a section that another club from abroad and ours could post into and it would show up in both forums. Not sure it could be done? Both clubs would need to run the same app.?

An English speaking country (sorry Alex) would be easiest (Brit, Aussie, NZ).

It might be interesting to exchange ideas with people with other methods in our forum?

Just tossing it out. Whatcha think?

Free Franklin's Spawn!

I was just musing over the possibility of having a sister site. Maybe something along the lines of a section that another club from abroad and ours could post into and it would show up in both forums. Not sure it could be done? Both clubs would need to run the same app.?

It might be interesting to exchange ideas with people with other methods in our forum?

Algae while this is a good thought. I am more disturbed by how you continue to waste your time in this forum while your daughter remains in Lane County. (nono)

Granted I understand you are proud of her prisoner of the month status but would hope you would have loftier goals for her such as becoming a migrant farm worker. I hear these are highly coveted jobs by Americans as they have stirred up great contraversy over the people who are filling these positions.;)

I would like to suggest a different forum (laugh)

Free Franklin's Spawn From Lane County(rock2)

I love the idea. As I was telling you when we meet I'm trying to have an italian guy who was TOM on Reefkeeping Magazine and RC.

I think the best would be to have somebody by Germany, Italy or Portugal in order of interest. This because from what I'm reading they are using a really different approach and their livestock selection is also different. They seems to be the most advanced and active countries in the EU.

But I really agree with you about the language barrier and I really feel that an english speaking country is the only way to go.

We could maybe encourage people of other countries to write in this section of our forum. Even if they are not english speaking countries, if they are able to read and write in english.

But again I agree that our "sister club" should be in a english speaking country.

Unless you are gonna fight with me for converting Pnwmas to italian only :P

Belize would be another great place to team up with. They have the biggest living reef (next to the Au) and speak English, well Creole.

I love the idea. As I was telling you when we meet I'm trying to have an italian guy who was TOM on Reefkeeping Magazine and RC.

And a married man with a new child.

Another reason for an English speaking forum exchange.

Since I've been over in Singapore a few times in the past year, I've joined this club: http://www.sgreefclub.com/

It's pretty active and EVERYONE in Singapore speaks very good English. There are a lot of cool corals available over there for dirt (sand?) cheap prices. Most of the expense is getting them shipped over here. I have been out to some of the fish and coral farms and have made some contacts. Hopefully on my next trip I can arrange a fairly large shipment back over here.

Granted I understand you are proud of her prisoner of the month status but would hope you would have loftier goals for her such as becoming a migrant farm worker.

Are you saying that a migrant farm worker is one step above being a criminal? Mabey Arizona is on the right path?

Algea, I'm for it. I have spent some time looking at the hobby in different countries and Alex is correct, they have a lot of things worth checking out.