Who is running tunzi? streams

CCR

I just recently got a stream 6000 with a single controller. The flow it produces is great. On my 125gal, 4' tank however, the thing is HUGE!! If I had it to do again, I dont think I would put a stream on anything less than say, a 180 gal.

The vortechs are nice but, not as controllable as the tunze is (from what I read). The "stream" of water comming out of the stream pump is also wider less concentrated than the "stream" from the vortcech. The vortech however would appear to definitly work better in a smaller tank than the gargantuan stream pump.

Dennis

I just recently got a stream 6000 with a single controller. The flow it produces is great. On my 125gal, 4' tank however, the thing is HUGE!! If I had it to do again, I dont think I would put a stream on anything less than say, a 180 gal.

The vortechs are nice but, not as controllable as the tunze is (from what I read). The "stream" of water comming out of the stream pump is also wider less concentrated than the "stream" from the vortcech. The vortech however would appear to definitly work better in a smaller tank than the gargantuan stream pump.

Dennis

Are you saying the actuall size of it? or flow. I've seen the seiko, and don't like em

I dont see the Tunze getting replaced. Maybe a small price drop but thats about it. They are so versitile and can get parts for them easily. Also that Polario is gonna be pretty spendy itself and its made by Rio. Nothing against Rio but usually people only buy cause they are sooo cheap. Hope they are built a lot better cause they looks pretty cool. That Hydor pump looks like something from Star Trek :) I like how companies are coming out with these, it creates good competition to make the perfect pump. Later Ryan

miles why take it over a tunze? Looks kind of like P.O.S in my opinion. I guess we will see.

Main reason is price. You can get the same flow as a tunze out of a $25 MJmod, use less wattage and smaller pump too. I'd take a whole handful of pumps over tunze for that reason, price. I won't even consider a tunze because of the gawdy pricing.

This Polario seems to have much more flexibility. Mount it as a CL or normal intank PH with the same flow of a tunze. Probably 2/3 the price too........

I've got 4 Tunze's and I think they are some of the best pumps that money can buy, the quality of the units are 2nd to none and yes they are more expensive then other pumps out there but they do not have the proven quality, customer service, or replacement parts that Tunze does.

I have to disagree with any comparison to the Tunze Stream vs. a MJ mod I have used both and there is no comparing. The MJ mods even with a 1200 does not have any where close to the amount of flow that a stream does and the output is not the same. I've used both and they are not even in the same class, its like comparing a Volvo to a Yugo yeah they both get you down the road but which will last longer, drive nicer, and out perform. Sorry they are not the same and comparing the prices of the 2 does not work. Don't get me wrong I like the MJ mods but they are not a good comparison.

If you want a very good circulation pump that will last a really long time, that is very easy to maintain and fix, and you have complete control over you will never be able to beat the Tunze Streams...

So are all the Nanostreams the same size (diameter)? The 6025 (660), 6045 (1189) and then the 6055 is controllable from 264-1453? So are they just using a different prop between the 6025 and 6045? Kinda like the MJ mods usage of different props. Later Ryan

CCR,

Tank is a custom 130G its basically a 120g that is 26" tall instead of 24". I have 3 6100 streams on the 7095 controller, 2 are on the back wall facing straight ahead and 1 is down low behind the rocks to move water under the rocks. My tank is basically a bare bottom tank, I could not get away with this much flow in a tank with sand. I just received a Nano stream 6045 and I'm hoping to put it in place of the lower one and move it somewhere else. The Nano's are a LOT smaller and a really nice design.

Ryan,

I think they are all the same size, the 6045 and 6055 are basically the same unit but you can control the speed of the 6055 with a Tunze controller and you cannot with the rest.

I've got 4 Tunze's and I think they are some of the best pumps that money can buy, the quality of the units are 2nd to none and yes they are more expensive then other pumps out there but they do not have the proven quality, customer service, or replacement parts that Tunze does.

I have to disagree with any comparison to the Tunze Stream vs. a MJ mod I have used both and there is no comparing. The MJ mods even with a 1200 does not have any where close to the amount of flow that a stream does and the output is not the same. I've used both and they are not even in the same class, its like comparing a Volvo to a Yugo yeah they both get you down the road but which will last longer, drive nicer, and out perform. Sorry they are not the same and comparing the prices of the 2 does not work. Don't get me wrong I like the MJ mods but they are not a good comparison.

If you want a very good circulation pump that will last a really long time, that is very easy to maintain and fix, and you have complete control over you will never be able to beat the Tunze Streams...

I have to respectfully disagree on most points here. If money is no obsticle, go for the Tunze by all means. As far as quality and parts, even petco has parts for MJs and MJs have been around with a good reputation the entire time i've been into aquariums, going on about 12 years. But I've seen MJmods running side by side with Tunze and the flow at the other side of the tank was very similar. If the 2 pumps were hidden you could not tell the difference just by the flow. Perhaps your MJmods were not built very well? Take that Yugo and slap in another engine plus some suspension and it will rival that Volvo its entire life. Thats what we are doing to the MJs. Same flow, same size, just as quiet, less wattage and a fraction of the price. The controller is where Tunze outman the MJmods. But this is my opinion of course, as Rich has his. Everyone has different tastes, so to each his own.

Either way let us know how it works out.