Here comes the wind....great.

drock59

[language filter] Miles I would expect that from a Duck fan. :) Not sticking with their team through hard times. Gotta go for the team thats winning. Jump on the bandwagon. :) Ive been a fan of the 9ers since my uncle went to school with Brent Jones in Santa Clara back in the 80's. It was a great win tonight. Sorry to get off track but Im dissapointed in hearing your rooting for the SEACHICKENS. Later Ryan

Power is out all around my house in Vancouver.....but Ive been lucky. It even out across the street but not here. ,,,,,,,,,as the fish angel sits quitly on my skimmer cup, blessing my refugium.(innocent)

Actually I have 2 of those batterie powered air pumps that last 9 hours. You plug them into the powerstrip and when power cuts off the pump detects it and switches on the air pump. Im foolin myself thinking it will save my tank, but I bet it will keep everything alive for a while(scary) . Bubbles make more current then one might think.

Its really blowing here like 70 mph gusts

Jay

Just got power back. Went out at 6 on at 7. I got to watch the end of the game at least!!! Off at 9:45 and back on at 3:30. Casualties in my neighborhood are I tree fell across the street and crushed a suburban (pretty big tree) and telephone pole snapped at the base. Both within 80' of eachother. Hopefully no more outages. I was talking to Rey (Reefin) and he said he could hear the transformers blowing again and again. (he lives by the West Albany power station. Good luck to everyone. Later Ryan

Never lost power here. Didn't really get much wind, my fence (which i built and is my very first fence is still standing) plus i have a easy up canopy on my back porch that isn't even tied down and its still in the same spot. Guess you guys up north got the brunt of it.

Ryan i absolutely still root for the 9ers, i just hate the owner. He's a cheapskate and has no managment skills. I've been a 9er fan since i was 5 or 6, and started rooting for the Seachickens around age 12 even though they were horrific up until last year. So i wouldn't call myself a bandwagon fan by any stretch. I would travel to Seattle over San Fran anyday however. I'm also a partial Dolphins fan (Joey!!), Chiefs fan (Sammy!!), and Ravens fan (Haloti!!!). I follow my Ducks everywhere.

Oh yah, its snowing here now.

Wind was pretty crazy last night. Not as bad as the coast, but trees still fell over...2 trees fell on the car parked next to me. Left a nice big crack in the windshield. That's all I could see though...under the tree may be a little different. The entire parking lot was filled with branches. Lost power for maybe about half a minute. Good thing the wind died down totally today.

well i lost power for 5 hours here in salem and lost all my tangs and shrimp everything else is ok dont get it??? and a skimmer pump exploded n my sump and keep in mind its on a really good surge protector. anyways the apt smells like burnt coffee now.

Dude, that sucks. How many Tangs did you have? Sorry man.:(

Jay

Corals are remarkable in their ability to take low temps. It is the high temperatures that are a problem. I would say if your tank gets down as low as 65 your corals should be quite alright. The first time we went to LA one of the suppliers that we picked up stuff at and they packed it in boxes without styrofoam. The bag temperatures were around 45 degrees when we got back and there were some losses but nothing to bad. Something like 10% loss.

I had no idea there was a wind storm coming. I've been in bed with the flu. Wish i had power last night so i could have seen this. I flipped out and wrapped my tank in tin foil and towels. lost power at around 8pm and got it back today at around noon. :( everything looks alive and I didn't have to go to work today!

Luckily we didn't lose power here in this part of Keizer.

But my fence looks like all the water made the ground soft and bowed it alittle. I think it will be rather easy to fix.

Yep the ground gave wat alittle and has caused my fence to bow............feeling lucky about that. Have to fix it after it dries up some.

Well' date=' the power came back on here a couple of hours ago. The tank looks like skimmer effluent. The good news is I wanted to finish our 180 anyway. Guess i have good reason to get finished now. Will have to figure our how to wire in a generator.[/quote']

Glad it's back on !!!!!! Your frag awaites ya :)

Yep the ground gave wat alittle and has caused my fence to bow............feeling lucky about that. Have to fix it after it dries up some.

Guess that 160lbs of concrete i used to secure the posts was worth it! At least yours didn't blow over completely. A few around here did.