Help with setting up a CA reactor?

reefgeek84

You need to have just under a steady stream of water output. The way you adjust it is by the PH of the output water. Do you have a bubble counter?? What are you using to supply the water to the reactor? After running it for atleast one day. You will want the PH output to be approx 6.7... Is it a single or double setup/chamber?

You need to have just under a steady stream of water output. The way you adjust it is by the PH of the output water. Do you have a bubble counter?? What are you using to supply the water to the reactor? After running it for atleast one day. You will want the PH output to be approx 6.7... Is it a single or double setup/chamber?

I "T" 'd my return line into it...so it will have a good flow of water...

I have two bubble counters, one on the reactor and then one on the valve of the regulator, so I am not sure how that is going to work...

It is a single chamber set up...

if its a pm bubble counter type or geo then those are goo dbubble counter and i would use those instead of the one on the regulator usually they are not goo dunless you spend the good bucks. as for co2 normally i have it on my frag tank as a bubble every 3-5 seconds and normally my ph is like 6.5 or 6.7 but it just depends on how much calcium u need the more co2 u use the faster your media goes and the more calcium is put into the water. as for a feed pump normally i put a mj 1200 i them so anything around that flow is great.

if you want it too be effective use the one that comes with the calcium reactor if its the brands of pm or geo those are the best as for other brands its a toss up. as for using 2 that sounds ok but if it was me i would just use one.

The problem is that one is attached to the sol. valve, and I need to use that valve and the one on the reactor is attached and that is where the co2 is suppose to enter, so I have no idea what to do...

as for the one on the valve, do I fill it with water?

The problem is that one is attached to the sol. valve, and I need to use that valve and the one on the reactor is attached and that is where the co2 is suppose to enter, so I have no idea what to do...

as for the one on the valve, do I fill it with water?

C'mon...somebody help, I want to get this up and going today.

Yes put water in both. It doesn't matter if you have 2 or 10 counters, My PM has it's own and so does the sol. valve. I keep water in both. It's all just a flow through. It doesn't matter what one you read either. Just pick one. Your still going to adjust it all, according to the PH output. again, your NOT after a lot of flow, It's the consintration of the dizzalved media, more contact time with the co2.

Yes put water in both. It doesn't matter if you have 2 or 10 counters' date=' My PM has it's own and so does the sol. valve. I keep water in both. It's all just a flow through. It doesn't matter what one you read either. Just pick one. Your still going to adjust it all, according to the PH output. again, your NOT after a lot of flow, It's the consintration of the dizzalved media, more contact time with the co2.[/quote']

Sweet, that is what I was thinking, but I would rather have a second party in the mix on this one...makes me feel a little bit better about my chioces...

Thanks Man!!!!!!