Thanks to ntufeef-n!

reefgeek84

No problem brother, I would expect the same in return! In reply to the comments about why people come to these forums; there is an easy way to find out. go to any forum like this one or any of the ones on TRT, and survey the posts by type. See how many out of 100 threads are conversations, questions about live stock, shared experiences, photo gallery, and then how many are basically of a commercial nature. Be fair now, any that involve buying, selling, trading, WTB, and so on. I have never done this, but I bet the percentage of "commercial" type posts is high. If this is proven to be the case, I would say it is proof that a majority of posters are in it to buy and sell reef stuff. What do you think? Am I wrong? I'm gonna go over to TRT right now and do a little poll just to satisfy my curiosity. R2R2

The results

OK here is my raw data. I went over to TRT to the Atlanta Reef Club site and took a poll of their posts. There were 60 active posts and the distribution went like this: 2 were about projects(3%), 5 were photo threads(8%), 10 were questions(16%), and 43 involved buying, selling, or trading(76%). What does this say? You can decide for yourself; but if you decide it doesn't mean these folks are over 3 times more interested in buying and selling than in anything else,... well you are attending to facts that are not in evidence.R2R2

OK here is my raw data. I went over to TRT to the Atlanta Reef Club site and took a poll of their posts. There were 60 active posts and the distribution went like this: 2 were about projects(3%)' date=' 5 were photo threads(8%), 10 were questions(16%), and 43 involved buying, selling, or trading(76%). What does this say? You can decide for yourself; but if you decide it doesn't mean these folks are over 3 times more interested in buying and selling than in anything else,... well you are attending to facts that are not in evidence.R2R2[/quote']

Well, my comment was in reference to this site, nowhere else. For www.PNWMAS.org, I see more posts on this site being General Vs. for Commerce. IF this group was just another outlet for Ebay, then maybe the club would need to reconsider its goals, and also charge for using it as a general store/pawn shop.