Thanks to ntufeef-n!

reefgeek84

Glad you and Dave worked out a deal!!! Both of you got something you needed from it...........BUT whats with the dig at others?!?!

I don't know all the details and I don't care to start a whole new thing here.

But if you want to continue to say negative things maybe you should think about it first before filling up a thread with them. If you have a problem try and take care of it thru PM's and not in the open........it gives the whole board/club a negative first impression to those that are just finding us and may want to join up!

Glad you and Dave worked out a deal!!! Both of you got something you needed from it...........BUT whats with the dig at others?!?!

I don't know all the details and I don't care to start a whole new thing here.

But if you want to continue to say negative things maybe you should think about it first before filling up a thread with them. If you have a problem try and take care of it thru PM's and not in the open........it gives the whole board/club a negative first impression to those that are just finding us and may want to join up!

Heres the deal...I did not name anyone...but yes, I hate flaky people...and I have delt with it quite a few times...I am not going to name names, but I think I have every right to say I have had trouble on here and it is frustrating... I really do not think someone saying that people have flaked out on buying stuff, really dramaticly effect the club...I understand that the club had issues before, but I think people are a little over worried...

I was simply saying that Dave will not flake on someone, if he says he is going to buy it...

dude if you want to do be a jerk about the deal thats fine i had a car repair come up my engine over heated on my 95 chevy and it was because all my antifreeze was coming out of the tube that were cracked from stress over the flippin 11 years ive had it. it cost me as much or more then that freakin calcium reactor so i think driving to school and work is alittle more important then satisfying you flippin jerk you know i hope no one buys something from you again for be so vocal about you problems btw im editing my language so if this was in person i was have already said a few words that you probably dont even know excisted.

dude if you want to do be a jerk about the deal thats fine i had a car repair come up my engine over heated on my 95 chevy and it was because all my antifreeze was coming out of the tube that were cracked from stress over the flippin 11 years ive had it. it cost me as much or more then that freakin calcium reactor so i think driving to school and work is alittle more important then satisfying you flippin jerk you know i hope no one buys something from you again for be so vocal about you problems btw im editing my language so if this was in person i was have already said a few words that you probably dont even know excisted.

Funny thing...is I was not even talking about you....but hey if you want to assume things, then be my guest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's pissed at me. I was going to buy a pump from him' date=' but stuff happened last night. I cracked one of my halide bulbs, so the money I set aside from my christmas shopping to buy the pump went to replace my bulbs.[/quote']

Actually I was not even referring to you either, this was about the CA reactor...not anything else...but hey if you want to assume that I really care if you bought the pump or not...plus you never swore on everything you own that you were going to come it get...but oh well...funny how everyone jumps to conclusions on this board.

i just think its funny that people get upset when others back out of deals. Its never a done deal until money has exchanged hands. verbal commitments are just that' date=' someone saying they will do something or buy something. Unless its written you have the right to back out at any time.[/quote']

I guess I am old fashioned, and when someone says they are are for sure going to do something, they do it cause they gave you their word. It is one thing for someone to say they are interested, but it is another when I receive a PM, that says not to sell it, cause they for sure want to buy it, but can not get out to you for a few days, they should not back out of it...

From dictionary.com... Gentlemen's agreement "an agreement that, although unenforceable at law, is binding as a matter of personal honor.

Again this was never directed at Lowman or Powdertang...so I apologize if they took it that way...

That is the reason that I will never ever hold anything for anyone without a payment, I've had the same thing happed to me many times and the only way to stop it is by getting a payment. I've had it happen on Reef Central a LOT more then here though, people get excited about buying something and then after they tell you to hold it they change their mind or find something better.

That is the reason that I will never ever hold anything for anyone without a payment' date=' I've had the same thing happed to me many times and the only way to stop it is by getting a payment. I've had it happen on Reef Central a LOT more then here though, people get excited about buying something and then after they tell you to hold it they change their mind or find something better.[/quote']

Rich, I think I may have to take this apporach to selling anything. I wanted to be a good guy (whether people on here think so or not) and give someone the benefit of the doubt...but it looks like that will never be the case.

You think you had trouble here' date=' wait till you try RC or craigslist!!! You'll think its a breeze to sell stuff here then. Plus ppl won't try to scam you here, they will try on RC/craigslist/ebay, and they will try hard.[/quote']

I have had no problem on RC, before I was banned, but maybe that has changed...I sold so much stuff on there...I hate craigslist and ebay is just highway robbery with their overpriced fees...

Hmmm... ya know, with all the intrigue I see here and all the complaints I hear about folks doing trade over the net or on club sites, it is a wonder reefers don't shop at reef stores more. I think that if we all spent less time bitching and shopping, and more time buying and enjoying what we bought, the hobby would be stronger and better for it. If all you are after is "wheelin-n-dealin" then become a used car salesman; otherwise, shudupnreef! Ryan, aka R2, aka R2R2

ps: BTW Bob, sorry to hear your clownfish scared you, made you freak out, jerk your arm out of the water, splash water on your halide bulb causing it to crack right before christmas. (pansey parkington) I mean, poor fella. R2

Hmmm... ya know, with all the intrigue I see here and all the complaints I hear about folks doing trade over the net or on club sites, it is a wonder reefers don't shop at reef stores more. I think that if we all spent less time bitching and shopping, and more time buying and enjoying what we bought, the hobby would be stronger and better for it. If all you are after is "wheelin-n-dealin" then become a used car salesman; otherwise, shudupnreef! Ryan, aka R2, aka R2R2

ps: BTW Bob, sorry to hear your clownfish scared you, made you freak out, jerk your arm out of the water, splash water on your halide bulb causing it to crack right before christmas. (pansey parkington) I mean, poor fella. R2

As a matter of fact I do shop at reef stores, however for you to say the answer to the issue people have with the net is to pay more money at a store,that is (for lack of a better word) ridiculous! This hobby is expensive enough as it is...so if people can get a deal on something that is almost new but half the cost, then they should go for it. Yes there may be problems, but guess what people have had problems at reef stores as well...And to compare wanting to find a good deal, to being a car salesmen, is so far off it is insane. That is like saying, if you have troubles with your reef tank, just keep a goldfish and you will have the same satisfaction.

IMO from being around this group, some people expect too much on selling stuff on this forum. I have a hard time giving stuff away for FREE, but oh well, life goes on. I would guess that most people don't come here to shop. They're here for socialization since this is a localized club; to share thoughts, opinions, and interests etc. etc. etc...not to mention political beliefs :).

I'll bet if you started a poll on why poeple come to pnwmas.org, buying stuff would be towards the bottom of the list. Maybe classifieds is a bad idea in a club setting since it keeps coming up over and over with heated discussions and leaving a bad taste in some peoples' mouths.

I like the classifieds section. I don't see anything wrong with it. Sure, people flake, but that's how it is everywhere. Even friends flake. I make it a point to be there when I say I'll be there...If I can't or will be late, I let the person know ahead of time so they won't be waiting. I hate it when they just leave you hanging and don't even answer the phone when you call...that just plain sucks.