baby snails?

vanz

anyone successfully got snails to reproduce? I think I have a few cerith snail babies crawling around my glass. They are coned shaped. Let me try to take a picture and you guys can ID.

I also have these white dots all over my tank, on the glass and on the rocks. They are ~2mm in diameter. Pure white.

most likely they are either pyramid snails, or some rissoids

http://www.reefland.com/rho/2006/05/identify_rissoid_pyramidellid_snails.php

:eek: pyramid snails??? The zoos don't look attacked. At least they don't look like they are...aww man.

Impur, yeah my ceriths use to paint the walls with their eggs, that was a long time ago though. I only have one cerith left.

I saw something in my tank last night with a flashlight, well a few new bugs, but one looked like a neon green snail shaped sort of thing without the shell. I didn't have any lights on besides a normal flashlight so the coloring wasn't from anything else, room was dark....wondering what it was. If he comes out again tonight, I'll try to snap a picture.

stomi's and astreas reproduce in my tank. the astreas have a pretty low survival rate for me... but i just make sure they have a calm place where they wont get sucked into a pump. its just my corner overflow, i have a tube that is all the way at the top. so downlow the eggs collect and they snails grow up and when they are old enough they crawl up the sides and into the tank

I saw something in my tank last night with a flashlight' date=' well a few new bugs, but one looked like a neon green snail shaped sort of thing without the shell. I didn't have any lights on besides a normal flashlight so the coloring wasn't from anything else, room was dark....wondering what it was. If he comes out again tonight, I'll try to snap a picture.[/quote']

Here's the "Greengo" I found the other night, he hangs out on the same rock from what I can tell, comes out at night and doesn't appear to have a hard shell. Don't know what he is, haven't seen one like it elsewhere.

greensnail.jpg