Moving up

aqua-ed

i just got back from visiting roger's classroom and have been inspired. i would like to upgrade my setup to a frag tank. the aquapod is fun, but students love to see the variety and colors of corals and watch them grow.

summer is coming up and i'd like to use the time to take up a collection and try to piece together a frag tank for my classroom. if anyone has any hardware they'd like to donate, i'd be much obliged. i'll start begging for frags when that time comes;)

My dream tank would be a 40gal breeder, a hefty protein skimmer, and a 250 MH with an electronic ballast (yes, that is almost identical to his, and for good reason!). Those are the two big pieces. I have a lot of the other components floating around in my scrap closet, but i'm open for contributions.

thanks again for the support, you all never cease to impress me with your help!

If your interested in the frag tank I built maybe I can work something out with the club. Check the link below to the spiral bulb experiment to see the tank. If you are interested let me know and I'll see what I can work out.

• 11 months later...