fish pathologist

Ron Popeil

does anyone have any contacts with researchers or even students that are working primarily in the field of fish pathology?

i would like to open up some dialogue with folks who are currently researching marine fish diseases.

if anyone has any email addresses or knows of any locally at universities or at the hatfield center...

please let me know!

thank you!

Yes. Beverly Dixon is very knowledgeable in the field of fish and invert pathology. She has given presentations at Marine Conferences over the years.

http://www.sci.csuhayward.edu/biology/faculty/bios/dixon.html

You may be able to contact staff & students in the Aquarium Science Program at their website.

http://www.occc.cc.or.us/aquarium/index.html

Also Dr. Timothy Miller-Morgan, D.V.M. at H.M.S.C. has been helpful to the club in the past. tim.miller-morgan@oregonstate.edu

How about Tim Miller-Morgan at the Hatfiled center in Newport. Wasn't he doing this also?

Yes Bob...and still is last I heard... (whistle)

H.M.S.C. = Hatfield Marine Science Center (Newport, Oregon)

Also Dr. Timothy Miller-Morgan, D.V.M. at H.M.S.C. has been helpful to the club in the past. tim.miller-morgan@oregonstate.edu

Quite funny...

A lady friend of mine does most of OSU's and CDC's necropsys. Mainly on animals. When she heard that my blue tang died... she brought me a few bottle of formaldihyde and wants to do a necropsy on it to see why it died...

Jordan... Is that the kind of information you want? post mortum work?

Let me know...

not so much post mortum, since im pretty sure i know the cause of. im looking to figure out more preventative or curing methods. but, it couldnt hurt to see what im up against though. if you can get in touch with your friend, and she wouldnt mind doing a necropsy, let me know!

thanks!