Reef Videos RSS Feeds

Chief

Anthony Calfo IMAC 2004 - CoralFarming

This is Calfo's Seminar from IMAC 2004. Graciously supplied by www.theimac.org. In this video Anthony talks for an hour and a half about growing corals for profit. I'm a big fan of Anthony, and this topic fascinated me, and really makes small-scale CoralFarming seem possible for the average hobbiest. Enjoy. This was encoded with mpeg4 instead of the usual H.264 codec. The lips dont sync for 10 minutes or so in the middle. Wait it out and they will sync up again at the end. Thanks! IMAC and Anthony!

More...

Anthony Calfo Seminar _ Video

Portrait of a Reef Tank, Designing successful, practical and inspiring displays. 2.5 hours. This is the video version of Anthony's excellent lecture, given in Toronto April1. Hosted by MAST Club, and sponsored by Reefcrew. I was late getting to event, so missed the first 2 minutes, and then didnt get the audio sounding decent for another minute or so... So, it sounds better after I settle down. Sorry. This file is 200 megs and uses Apple Quicktime H264 Thanks Anthony! - Karma to you!

More...

TankTour SteveW 180gReef

This is an excellent 180g mixed reef Built into the wall of Steve ("Pisces") Rec room. It's got a fabulous viewing room, and a nice natural Rockwork. His Sump/fishroom is in the room behind, and hidden from sight, which is too bad because His Mangroves and refugium are nice to see. He has a very nice garden & Pond too which I didnt video. Thanks Steve!

More...

DIY MaxiJet Mod - 2000GPH!

There will be another video about this (Part B), where I talk about putting the stopper in, and making a shroud. Also I'll mention different things you can use as parts, and different Props that work. Also Note: the black flexible airline tube that comes with the Maxijet is better and stronger than the clear stuff I used.

More...

TankTour Chrismo's 157g Reef

A Tank Tour of my current 157g mixed Reef. I point out a few problems I have, like cyano, and flatworms and majano. But still the tank is lookng pretty good. I also describe how an external overflow works, and connects to your sump. Hope ya lke it. If you want to ask me any questions about it, post them in the forum. Also, there is a bit more info on the evolution of my tank at www.chrismorris.ca

More...

DIY Pegging - Mounting Frag and Corals

Carl Talked a bit about pegging in his Tank Tour Video. I've included what was in his video, and added some more things he said about it. The key to it is really drilling holes in your rock while you do your aquascaping. That way you have places to put your corals when your tank is full. It's a great Idea, and I'll be copying it myself soon. So I may add more to this as I do it. Since we didnt focus too much on it at Carls.

More...

TankTour Carl's 150g

Carl shows off his Island Aquarium, and has really excellent rockwork. There are two towers of rock that come up high, making a ledge for his corals to sit on. That leaves tonnes of room underneath for his fish to swim... The rock towers are made up of 3 "legs" and the effect is amazing. The most natural looking and different Rockwork I've seen. He cemented all his rocks together to achive that look with a special reef safe cement that cures in 6 hours. Also he talks about mounting corals and frags by pegging them. Check it out in the video. It's cool, it lets him stick his corals anywhere like lego or something. On ledges etc.

More...

Anthony Calfo Seminar (Audio Only)

Portrait of a Reef Tank, Designing successful, practical and inspiring displays. 2.5 hours. This is the audio only version of Anthony's excellent lecture, given in Toronto April1. Hosted by MAST Club, and sponsored by Reefcrew. I was late getting to event, so missed the first 2 minutes, and then didnt get the audio sounding decent for another minute or so... So, it sounds better after I settle down. Sorry. I hope to have a video version of this up soon. Likely broken into 3 or more smaller bits.

More...

DIY Calcium 2 part Additive

I walk through the steps showing how to make a DIY calcium 2 part recipe. This podcast version is the older recipe only. The website one is better, I'll update the podcast tonight. Recipe taken from Randy Holmes Farley's Article in Reefkeeping Magazine

More...

Tank Tour Andreas's 72g skimmerless sps

A tank tour of Andreas (fishlips) 72 gallon bowfront tank. A tank as nice as it is simple. No Skimmer, no Calcium reactor, nothing fancy, just a nice tank! A Huge Capricornis 20" wide, and a lot of other big corals. Also a dragonfaced pipefish.

More...

Salinity Tester Equipment. -Refractometer

This video is somewhat guff. I was excited about my new toy and blundered through the video. But anyway - I do an informal show and tell about my new refractometer. Since doing the video, I've found out that the better refractometers are labeled ATC whichmeans they are accurate at any household temperature. Make sure yours is ATC.

More...