Free horses

Holly

I just received this forward from a horse-loving friend. I'm forwarding it to you guys, in case any of you have the room and interest to save a foal (or know anyone who does).

Winter has come early in Alberta—and that’s bad news for the mares and foals living on PMU ranches there. No longer needed for the production of hormone replacement therapy drugs, these equines need a place to go, and fast.

Because there is not enough grass to leave the animals on pasture, several of the PMU ranchers have decided to wean their foals at the end of the month. Any foals who have not been adopted by November 30, 2006, will be sent to auction—and an uncertain fate.

The California-based Animali Farm is working hard to find good adoptive homes for the more than 100 foals and mares facing the November 30 deadline. If you can give one of these equines a second chance, or if you would like additional information, please visit Animali Farm online or email animali@aol.com. You can also call them directly at (805) 938-0174.

If you cannot adopt a horse, please forward this email to all of your horse friends. The only way to get these babies adopted is to get the word out to enough people, and we need your help to do it.

Thank you so much for caring.

http://www.theanimalifarm.com/

Thanks, sent info off to in-laws. Father in-law has a few horses and bro-in-law does rodeo cow penning and has a few as well. I was going to have one, but bought a different house instead, so just ride theirs. Dad has a once wild horse he took in from the state...man that was one tough trail horse!

Better than the last one I rode that they adopted. Come to find out, he was scared of bridges and snakes. Needless to say I only almost fell off twice on the ride..once on a bridge and next when he took off like a bat out of hell when he saw a slithering STICK in the middle of the trail....they didn't tell me before hand, the horse hadn't been ridden in at least 5 years before they got him and I was the 1st:eek: .

Hmm, maybe it was a test of cohunes and bravery, or they just wanted one less son in the family :)

LOL @ cajones and bravery

I've wanted horses since I was a kid, but it never worked out. Right now we rent because we move so much (husby's a techie type)...not the right lifestyle for horse ownership unfortunately

If we had any land at all, I'd take a couple of the less-attractive adults.. Those are the hardest to get adopted.