Looking for 15g tall

biomekanic

With the rules in my apartment about tanks ( anything over 20 gallons is classed as a pet, and you're limited to 2, and we've already got one dispensation because we have 2 dogs and 2 cats ) I'm not going for a reef tank.

I'm looking for a 15g tall style aquarium, I'm going to do a FW planted tank. I need one that hasn't been used with copper because I'm going to get FW shrimp in it. Have to scratch my invert itch somehow. :)

tanks in apts.

If you have renters insurance you can get coverage depending on who you go through. I have state farm and I have $75,000 worth of coverage which includes aquarium damage. The last 2 apts I lived in told me I was not allowed to have a tank over 20 gallons so I showed proof of my renters insurance and they allowed me to move in with no pet deposits for them. My renter insurance equals out to $15/month but it lowers my car insurance another $3/month to have it so for the cost of 3 starbuck's coffees I have coverage in case of anything and no pet deposits. I definatly recommend renters insurance to anyone renting especially with a tank for those OH NO momments! and I recommend state farm who I have had for 4 years and will never switch!

Just my 2cents........

I have renters insurance, it's just that if I went over 20gallons they'd require another pet deposit: $350 non-refundable. I have better uses for $350.

I'd like a 15tall because I have a 10g stand already and my 96quad PC lights will fit nicely on it. I'm looking for a small tank for my bedroom. With the 2 dogs we have ( a Boxer/Sharpei & German Shepphard/"something with a fat head" - per the vet ) I can't let my cats out of the room. :| So I was thinking a small planted tank to help keep them entertained. Both of my cats have watched aquariums before. I figure a planted tank would also be quieter.