frags for plumbing?

Mandinga

I have a broken water pipe in my garage wall that desperately needs to be fixed...the pipe is 5/8" and I have already found the break...I think it just needs a coupling and some soldering(sp?).

I have some frags I can trade...SPS...some LPS...zoas...we can work something out!

Is it just a pinhole leak? At a joint? Do you know what caused it? Is the wall open or sheetrocked over?

Band-aid solution would be epoxy putty or pipe wrap which is a resin impregnated fiberglass wrap.

Real solution would be to cut out ~2 1/2" section around the break and the use a sweat coupling or repair sleeve and solder it on. Just remember to use a heat shield and have water/extinguisher as backup.

the copper pipe had a pinhole leak. I cut out the 2" section that was broken. It is in a straight section of pipe, no joint. I was trying to slide a sharkbite coupling, which i already have, onto the pipe. I could not do it becaue I cant get the pipes to slide laterally.

The sheetrock is open and easily accessed.

The pipe is in the garage. It connects to the outside faucet. I want to learn to solder, but am nervous to just give it a whirl.

have a real nice sps acro horrida frag and a chalice frag that I would love to offer! or, maybe someone would see something else...frag rack is full.

Is it just a pinhole leak? At a joint? Do you know what caused it? Is the wall open or sheetrocked over?

Band-aid solution would be epoxy putty or pipe wrap which is a resin impregnated fiberglass wrap.

Real solution would be to cut out ~2 1/2" section around the break and the use a sweat coupling or repair sleeve and solder it on. Just remember to use a heat shield and have water/extinguisher as backup.