Coral Life 250 Reactor Opinion?

Kevman

I have a couple Cal Reactors, one is home made, the other is a Coral Life 250.

Coral Life circulatesfrom top to bottom , the other is Bottom to top.

Does anyone have an opinion on which is better, and for what reason.

Im getting ready to hook one of these up for my 75G Reef.(rock2)

post-6038-14186778067_thumb.jpg

post-6038-141867780671_thumb.jpg

They both will do the job, the real differance is that the one that flows down will create a fine sand in the media but wont hurt anything, may end up cloging the media over time but I ran mine for about 2 years without that issue, it's also less of an issue if ya use the PCI media thats a bit chunky. The other way kinda brakes down all the pieces of media evenly, they get suspended in the water collum and serculate through the chamber giving each one its moment in the sun to speek. Both will do the same job though and nether one will do it better than the other.

So when ya chose which one to use is the other one going to the classifieds?

They both will do the job, the real differance is that the one that flows down will create a fine sand in the media but wont hurt anything, may end up cloging the media over time but I ran mine for about 2 years without that issue, it's also less of an issue if ya use the PCI media thats a bit chunky. The other way kinda brakes down all the pieces of media evenly, they get suspended in the water collum and serculate through the chamber giving each one its moment in the sun to speek. Both will do the same job though and nether one will do it better than the other.

So when ya chose which one to use is the other one going to the classifieds?

No, I think I am going to use the Coral Life one for Cal Rect, and the other I am going to turn into a Phosban reactor.

I would be interested in Trade for a Phosban Reactor W/Pump. (whistle) It would save me the trouble of converting it.