College basketball thread

impur

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Stuckey only played 4 min and scored a couple points due to back spasms. Ducks poured it on again in the second half and got the W!!! 100-74.

Taylor had 24pts Hairston 20. Each game another guy steps up. 9-0!!

Beavs have LSU coming sunday i think. Good luck....

LFMAO oh man this is good. Ok so Clemson was ranked #25 in last weeks USA/ESPN poll, Oregon #24. Oregon played 3 games, all blowouts. Clemson did not play a single game. So today the new rankings come out, Clemson #22 Oregon #23!!!!! [language filter] you play zero games and leapfrog a team that won 3 games by an avg margin of 30???

east coast bias.....even though oregond played three games they didnt play anybody of value....at least not to voters. Oregon REALLY needs to step up thier non conference schedule. better to go to florida or duke and lose the game than to beat up on little schools by 30 points. nebraska and georgetown were great scheduling tactics but idaho state? bethune cookman? c'mon now....enough with the patsies. Its exactly why i cant get too excited about this team until the PAC-10 schedule starts up. havent proven we can hang with real teams with div.1 talent yet.

Well theres more to it than that i think. Remember Kent almost lost his job after last year. Moos gave him a last chance. SOOOOO, they schedule a bunch of patsies So we can go into Pac10 play 12-0. Then you win 6 to 8 out of 18 Pac10 games, you have a 20 win season, get into the tourney and Moos looks like he made the best decision.

But go check out other team's OOC schedule. UW is #17, they were #8, and were like 8-0 agains all lessor competition. ALL AT HOME! They have only played 1 game away from home, while the Ducks traveled to Gtown and Rice. The one game UW played away from home was at Gonzaga and they got smoked by 20.

At any rate, i think the OOC schedule is really right on par with the rest of the top teams. Duke has only played Marquette and Gtown and they lost to Marquette, Ohio St has played 2 away games and the only ranked team was North Carolina who they lost to. For every Idaho St Oregon plays, UNC, Duke, Ohio St, all have a E. Kentucky or Youngstown St.

Check out #11 UCONN

DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME

11/10 Quinnipiac W 53-46

11/17 C Arkansas W 88-59

11/18 Fairfield W 74-49

11/19 Ole Miss W 77-59

11/26 Albany W 86-55

11/29 Sacred Heart W 89-46

12/03 Tex South W 106-55

12/06 N'eastern W 81-53

12/17 St Mary's W 89-73

Defending NC and #4 Florida

11/10 Samford W 79-54

11/14 North Florida W 86-40

11/16 Jacksonville W 90-61

11/18 UT-Chatt W 93-44

11/21 PV A&M W 94-33

11/24 W Kentucky W 101-68

11/25 #12 Kansas L 82-80

11/28 Southern W 83-27

12/03 at Florida St L 70-66

12/06 Providence W 85-67

12/17 at Florida A&M W 72-57

Duke

11/12 Columbia W 86-43

11/13 G Southern W 72-48

11/16 UNC-Green W 75-48

11/20 Air Force W 71-56

11/21 #17 Marquette L 73-62

11/25 Davidson W 75-47

11/28 Indiana W 54-51

12/02 #23 G'town W 61-52

12/06 Holy Cross W 57-45

12/09 G Mason W 69-53

Oregon

11/10 Lehigh W 77-65

11/11 CS Northridge W 84-73

11/12 Portland St W 116-68

11/17 UC Irvine W 85-42

11/20 at Rice W 79-73

11/29 at #23 G'town W 57-50

12/09 Nebraska W 68-56

12/11 Beth-Cook W 92-64

12/15 E Wash W 100-74

12/17 Idaho St W 84-55

-duke does have alot of home games but look who they were against- marquette, indiana, georgetown, george mason = all good teams

-florida does seem to have a rather weak schedule with exception of kansas and FL. ST.

-and uconn schedule IS a joke

but i wasnt referring to other teams schedules as much as our own. we need to step up and go play AT florida or uconn or even duke. a close loss there will look far better than a blowout at home against a subpar team not only to the voters each week but ultimately to the NCAA tourney selection comittee.

Dont get me wrong, I am a die hard duck fan but i would like to see them play some better competition so we dont get all hyped up about going 10-0 against some so-so competition.

I would be much more excited about an oregon team that was maybe 6-4 or even 5-5 but had some close road losses at traditional ACC or SEC powerhouse teams. Oregon State did well just by playing LSU because they got media press for it. Nobody on the east coast cares about oregon whoopin up on eastern washington. How bout a game against Gonzaga? or maybe texas or even a road game at North Carolina? Now that would get some attention and respect for the program even if they lose.

You make a good point. I think that Kent had to consider the kids he's playing too. Remember last year, started 3-0 or 4-0 and riding high, then went to Vandy and got beat on that last minute half court shot. Then down went the confidence, losses started to pile up. Keep em riding high OOC, then when the Pac10 roles around they have some swagger and aren't doubting themselves.

Pac10 season starts Dec 30th, so its right around the corner. BRING ON THE BEAVS!!!

GO DUCKS!!

Ugh what a year for Oregon sports and injuries. Hairston is out indefinately with soft tissue damage in his heel. That means the Ducks now are down to 6 total players in rotation. 6!!!!! And Churchill Odia has only played 3 games sparingly due to a knee injury.

Hairston - heel

Oguchi - ankle

Porter - toe

Stelly - groin

Akewnuke - tendonitis

With all that its amazing this team is 10-0

11-0 baby!! Ducks dispatched Mercer on Saturday with only 7 guys in rotation, Aaron Brooks had 27, Taylor 21. Maarty Luenen continued his solid play with 11pts and 18rebs. I said it before i'll say it again, that guy is a rebounding machine!!!! Up to #20, next up Portland on Thursday, then civil war!!! Travel to Cornvallis on Sat. to beat up the Beavs!!

GO DUCKS!!!

Also, Ducks just cracked the ESPN.com power 16, not that it means anything.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/powerranking

Ducks got a big verbal commitment yesterday. Drew Wiley from 1A McKenzie HS has stated he will play for the Ducks. He's only a junior this year, and at 6-6 190lbs is avging 25.6pts, 12rebs, 4steals, 5assts, 3blocks a game. Very impressive numbers. Should give the ducks a great wing player when Hairston is gone.

This kid reminds me of Luke Jackson a lot!

Well the first civil war of the basketball season is in the books and oregon wins by 3. Solid effort from both teams. Its going to be TOUGH to win on the road this year in the PAC-10. Entire conference looks good top to bottom. Definately not anybody going run the table. Oregon has gotta quit turning the ball over and beavers need to work on thier free throws. but both teams looked improved over last year.

Well it was the same ole Ducks out on the court last night, the same ones that couldn't win a big game last year, the same ones that lost 8 games by 3 pts or less, the same one that chokes down the stretch. Aaron Brooks had a chance to push the game to OT, all he had to do was hit 3 free throws, but he choked on the second one and bricked it off the back iron. Thus another important game the Ducks couldn't win.

Ducks had no defense in this game, and couldn't make a shot to save their lives. USC shot 64% in the second half giving them 55.4% on FG for the game, Ducks shot 40% and went 5-22 on threes when you take away ABs 5-8 on threes. Is there anyone on this team that can hit a big shot?

Beavs got pounded by UCLA as expected.

Next up for the Ducks is #1 UCLA on saturday. Its not gonna be as big of a game now, and i'm expecting the worst, but i'll be there cheering all the same!!

GO DUCKS!