Hello!

Holly

Thanks dippin!

It's still lingering between 1-2ppm. I'm holding high hopes for the new phosphate remover that's coming in.

In other entertainment news, my urchin picks up chunks of macro every time he gets near, pulling it out and carrying it to other areas of the tank.

Next step in total tank demolition: a giant horseshoe.

I need to get a phosphate test; since my fish have passed and all have been out of my tank since Sunday, the algae is starting to spread to some of my candy cane and others quite rapidly. We'll see if my surviving Lawnmower Bennie, Lemonpeel and 3 crabs can catch up when out of QT tonight!

Thanks Lowman!

I think you guys are right about the test kits. I have Salifert, but it doesn't seem reliable.

Thanks for the head's up on LaMotte, Piero. I checked all the listed distributors and ordered one. (clap) Only Marine Depot had the phosphate test, of the sites I saw. http://www.marinedepot.com/a_tk_lm.asp

You guys are muey helpful. Thanks!

Yeah Piero is right most phosphate test kits suck. I know its spendy for a lab-grade but if its a big problem then I would do it. Later Ryan

Since I don't use RO/DI water yet, I'm sure there are plenty of phosphates and other explicit's in our water in Damascus...heck, the Nitrates were above 10 the last time I checked, straight out of the tap.(Clackamas River water) I just want to try to keep up on the algae that has started to spread in a few spots rather quickly since fish loss. I just now put my Lemonpeel, Lawnmower and Blue Devil back in my display and I'm not putting anymore fish in for well over a month until I feel it's safe from bacteria. No more tangs to eat up all the bad stuff for awhile. Corals on the other hand are doing fine except I noticed some green stuff on my montipora (flame) today and that got me going.

Anyone try the Marineland/ Instant Ocean brand test and get fairly accurate results?

Nice to meet you today (those we had time to meet)!

Our kids were overdue for their nap and about to combust, so we had to run out before we could join, but we plan to do so online or at the next meeting.

The Phos-Buster has done it! Phosphates are barely traceable now (Salifert)! I should get my lab-quality phosphate test tomorrow via UPS and we'll see, but it hasn't been this low in so long, this is cause to celebrate. YAY @ Phos-Buster

Thanks again Lowman for the Xenia. =)

Holly,

Glad to hear that the Phos Buster worked so fast. Still keep up with the Phosguard in the sump to keep the Phos away. How is everything looking? How is the extra flow with the Seio pump?

I am glad that you were able to make it to the meeting. Aren't kids great (ha ha).

Please let me know how this are going and if there is anything at all I can do to help.

Patrick

The Seio's working great. Thnx. It definitely added more movement. I'm thinking of getting one more Tunze.

I took a load of tests today (including my new LaMotte phosphate test, which seems clearer IMO).

Temp 79.5

SG 1.024

pH 8.25

Ammonia - trace (0.1, maybe)*

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

Phosphate 0.02 =)

Calcium 400

Iodide 0.06

*I suspect I might be having another small cycle because we put in all new water and sand. ?

Everything looks great, but I scrubbed all the algae off this morning, and it's already growing back again... Not sure what it's feeding on if my phosphates are this much lower, but I figure it'll work itself out within the next week or two...

Thanks everyone!