PH Levels LOW

Kevman

SO, OK. My new tank is up and I retested the levels today and the PH is a bit low at 7.8....

The rest are:

S>G= 1.027

MAGNESIUM= 1250

CALCIUM= 520

PHOSPHATE= 0.0

ALK= 8

PH= 7.8

NITRITE= 0.0

NITRATE= 0.0

Any idea on why it is low... Iwould like to 8.0-8.2

can I dose to bring it up without screwing up my ALK level...

Any help would be much appreciated..(rock2)

Yeah' date=' plus an alk of 8 with a Ca of 520 seems out of whack. Might be worth taking a water sample to an LFS and have them double check your results.[/quote']

I thought so too... I'll take to UPSCALES and see what they think...DOH!

And it will give me an excuse to go to UPSCALES, I havent been in a while...

I've had low pH with similar alk/calcium levels. I added kalk to my topoff and the venturi from my skimmer is now bringing in fresh air from outside. You may just have higher CO2 levels in your house. Just need to drive off that excess CO2 from the water, best done by aeration with fresh air.

KALK

I've had low pH with similar alk/calcium levels. I added kalk to my topoff and the venturi from my skimmer is now bringing in fresh air from outside. You may just have higher CO2 levels in your house. Just need to drive off that excess CO2 from the water' date=' best done by aeration with fresh air.[/quote']

Ill try that.. How much KALK for 95 Gal..I run my intake from my Skimmer outside if I can see if that helps with the PH...

2 teaspoons kalk per gallon of RO is the dosage you want.

But start with the skimmer airline bringing in fresh air. I would bet that will bump your pH up to where you want it. Best to do things slowely as usual in this hobby. Try the airline first and give it a day then retest. If its still low, then you can move on to the next thing to try.

Also you should get a second test done by someone, test kits are so finicky. Its always good to have a second test done.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

2 teaspoons kalk per gallon of RO is the dosage you want.

But start with the skimmer airline bringing in fresh air. I would bet that will bump your pH up to where you want it. Best to do things slowely as usual in this hobby. Try the airline first and give it a day then retest. If its still low, then you can move on to the next thing to try.

Also you should get a second test done by someone, test kits are so finicky. Its always good to have a second test done.

Thanks Impur, Ill give the fresh CO2 a try...