buyer/seller feedback...

reefgeek84

buyer/seller feedback...  

1. 1.

• I would like to see one.
    • No need for one.

Yes we all like to say good things about a shop, or person that does good. We also don't like to get burned either. IMO would be if there is neg, to try and resolve it. If that doesn't work. then posting your experence should be in a Vender forum. Yes I haved expressed my feelings of a particular shop before that was/ is not on my return list. Sooooo. I'm gona take the 5th, as in the floor I live on

Yes we all like to say good things about a shop' date=' or person that does good. We also don't like to get burned either. IMO would be if there is neg, to try and resolve it. If that doesn't work. then posting your experence should be in a Vender forum. Yes I haved expressed my feelings of a particular shop before that was/ is not on my return list. Sooooo. I'm gona take the 5th, as in the floor I live on[/quote']

I am not just talking about a shop...This also goes for dealing with people...I have a one bad experience and a few really good ones that I would like post about...but two board members against, it will not get passed...I am sorry but this forum, is turning into the rest...everyone is to worried about hurting someone else's feelings...I appreciate everything everyone does...I just hear so many people say that this board is so much different then the other ones...not so much...with the exception of the mods...They are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all I didn't say say I was for or against it, but we all know each other here and are you going to be able to show your face at an event knowing that the person you just gave a crappy review to is going to be there also? You can say you will, but I really doubt it.

This forum is far and away different than others of the same genre. A lot of the stuff that is said here would never be allowed and you [language filter] well know it. So, when someone disagrees with you don't immediately say that we are power trippers. It demeans you and everyone else here.

If you are happy with a dealing you had with someone.........use the REP POWER feature, thats what its for. If someone treats you right then show it that way. A person who has high REP points has done well or helped the club out in some way that was felt to be above and beyond. Others will see that.

If you have a bad dealing with someone take it up with that person via PM or phone call or face to face. We are trying to have a board that is helpful and fun - not a place where everyone just [language filter] about what they feel like is a bad deal. Remember there are always 2 sides to every story....and if you post a thread and bust someone in the mouth about how you feel and how you were treated wrongly, (maybe it is only in your eyes). The other side has to spend time defending themselves and their side of the story is always looked on as a lie to cover up what the other person has already said. For this reason we ask that all this is done by means other then the website.

Remember if you are unhappy with this site take it up with a board member or officer and express your views.

First of all I didn't say say I was for or against it, but we all know each other here and are you going to be able to show your face at an event knowing that the person you just gave a crappy review to is going to be there also? You can say you will, but I really doubt it.

This forum is far and away different than others of the same genre. A lot of the stuff that is said here would never be allowed and you [language filter] well know it. So, when someone disagrees with you don't immediately say that we are power trippers. It demeans you and everyone else here.

Please read what I wrote...I said that the mods here are much better, but everyone is still worried about stepping on people's toes.

I understand your concerns about meetings, but if someone does not intend to screw anyone over then no one has anything to worry about. I would leave neg. feedback and show up to a meeting, I am mature enough to not say anything or make a scene at an event like that, I would just keep my distance.

I also understand that it could get out of hand, but I think it could be easily regulated.

Honestly this all came about, after I bought a c02 tank today. He drove from the couve to meet me, he went way out his way and I wanted to give praise for that, but I think it would fall on deaf ears in the general discussion forum...

I took your response out of context, it was hard to understand what point you were trying to make. My mistake. Totally cool that someone would drive clear from Vancouver to deliver something to you. I think it would not fall on deaf ears in the general discussion threads.

I can see that there would be some interest in a feedback forum, but it would be open grounds for many more problems than it is worth. Ebay has a feedback forum there because their main focus is buying and selling. Ours here is education and discovering how rewarding this hobby can be for us and our progeny. Let's try to keep it that way.

Honestly this all came about, after I bought a c02 tank today. He drove from the couve to meet me, he went way out his way and I wanted to give praise for that, but I think it would fall on deaf ears in the general discussion forum...

Start a thread and see if it falls on deaf ears.

By the way thats very cool that he would do that.

not that im worried about me but i think this could be a very bad idea beings this is a close nit club and most meet face to face things like this should be handled in private pm's just like the last dealing with a sponsor or anyone i think if you post good things about anyone in the general it gets heard and the more you post better rep the person gets not everyone can be pleased and unfortunatly bad dealings happen but i cant see dawging somone publicly as a good thing.

I understand that things should be taken care of through PM's but that can fail...and with out knowing what anyone has done bad or good, it sets up another person for getting screwed.

For example...If I sold someone a broken item, but there was no way to tell until the person got home and tried to use it and they are SOL, cause I have already collected money. I do not respond to their PM's or anything and then I post something else that is broken, and take advantage of another person.

well i gess my point is beings this is a close nit club by pm'ing others about your exp the word would get around without having to publicy post somthin but i do see your point but words carry very heavy here and id hate for somone else to jump the gun and give bad rep before its due and this could happen.

• Like 1