School Fish

Phelpsius

I'm looking to start adding some fish in the near future. All I have planned right now are 2 clowns, a hippo tang and down the road a mandarin goby. My tank is 75 gallon + a 20 gallon sump/refugium. I was thinking of adding a school of small fish to the tank and wondered what suggestions you all might have. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. 4-5 fish that will travel in a school

2. stay small

3. Docile

4. Inexpensive

5. Cool looking

6. Low maintainance as I'm new to the hobby

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

i will never have another damsel of anykind, especially a talbots, anywhere near my tank, i put 2 talbots in my tank and within a week our supermale lyretail anthias was killed by them.

they are evil vile creatures who should be left in the ocean imo

(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

i will never have another damsel of anykind, especially a talbots, anywhere near my tank, i put 2 talbots in my tank and within a week our supermale lyretail anthias was killed by them.

they are evil vile creatures who should be left in the ocean imo

What size were the Talbots? That seems a little odd.

I would recommend buying them small like mine (about the size of a nickel) Also that they are towards the last of fish that are introduced to the tank.

Thanks for your help eveyone. After all the advice Im leaning towards the Fiji (blue-green) chromis. Sounds like they travel in a school, are inexpensive, cool looking, not too aggressive, stay smallish, are easy to care for and, as an added bonus, might "fertilize" your coral. Thanks again for the advice and thanks to the PNWMAS site managers for making discussions like this possible.

Mike