Vortech pump power heads...

reefgeek84

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, you don't have to defend them. I know there good, I just hate waiting for them to work out the controller, well see, I hope its soon. The problem is with battery backup (150) 2 pumps (350 each) and controller (250 or so on the low side) we are talking 1100 bucks for pumps to get the flow I want. Thats alot of dough. I think that the other big dogs in town will see the profit and jump in with some pumps as well. This will only create more choices and more competition in price and efficiency... Sorry to get offline with your thread. They are good, Im just a cheap bastard and will probably take me a while to talk myself into them... not even going to what it will take to talk the wife into them.. Thats a thread all on its own.

Yah i love seeing all the new competition. Except i thought when it happened' date=' things would be cheaper and Tunze might lower their prices to compete. But the new competition just priced their stuff up there with Tunze!!! DOH![/quote']

Typical marketing... but as there becomes more competition it will FORCE prices lower. There just isn't that much competition, and the sad part is why would they reduce prices when they cant even keep the stuff in stock right now? That would be insane! Good stuff though...

Typical marketing... but as there becomes more competition it will FORCE prices lower. There just isn't that much competition' date=' and the sad part is why would they reduce prices when they cant even keep the stuff in stock right now? That would be insane! Good stuff though...[/quote']

Yeah, what I see happening soon is, once this hobby really gets dialed in with technology and it is fairly simple to keep a tank...Big huge companies will be able to make good stuff with a huge budget, so they can buy more stuff in bulk and makes things cheaper and produce more, and have lower prices... then prices will better and maybe cooler stuff!!!!!!!1