Is Eugene water good enough for a reef?

tidalsculpin

I just look at the ebay pricing, its easier, I think the website may be candian? I havent looked at it since I purchased at the bigining of the year... sorry.

the one I got was $85 plus 30 or so shipping...

But you can upgrade to the one with a tank, or the one with all the bells and whistles.

Aqua Safe and Filter Direct are the two main companies on Ebay. They both are pretty much the same in terms of quality but Aquasafe has better CS. I bought a Aquasafe from Ed and he is a really great gy to deal with. Later Ryan

Hmm...why is the aquasafe catalog price different than the website price? Is the maximus really $100 + 30 Shipping or is it $170 shipped?

Also, for an apartment, and only a 29g + 10g sump. Which system should I really get?

Just get a ~75gpd one with a storage tank. The storage tank was great for my 29gal. I could make 5gal of water in about 10 min. You will also want to be sure it comes with a faucet adapter since you don't wanna go cutting up your apt plumbing.

Alright' date=' just placed a bid for the home system.[/quote']

DOH! I made a big mistake....I should have ordered the maximus instead! I don't have the DI filter...I thought every system they had was RODI. Man...should have read the site more carefully. Kicking myself now...

DOH! I made a big mistake....I should have ordered the maximus instead! I don't have the DI filter...I thought every system they had was RODI. Man...should have read the site more carefully. Kicking myself now...

Well if you really want it call them... They will make it right.

Hey Vanz who did you buy it through? If its Aquasafe I bet if Ed hasnt shipped it yet he would probably work with ya. Later Ryan

Yeah, aquasafe...I just received my package. Realized I got just the RO unit when I read the instructions on how to set it up. They are very good with shipping. Ordered on Sunday and got it today. I wrote them an email...we'll see how it goes. The maximus was only $10 more. DOH!

Ya the instructions I got where terrible

No kidding. It's like he skipped several parts in just the 2nd step. I didn't feel like continuing for the night since I was kinda mad at myself for ordering the wrong unit so I didn't read the rest of it...but if the rest of the instructions are worded like step 2...(scratch)DOH! (nutty).

I've sold both high end (Kinetico RO's) and now low end, really not much of a difference in the water it puts out. Its more so how the unit is designed and how replacement filters are handled. (There is a few differences in how it operates, but really doesnt make a difference IMO)

Personally, stick with the cheapies, its what I use and works perfect. (0tds)

My DI cartridge is an unpacked design, but its also an upflow thru the filter. 7tds in, 0tds out. Works just fine. RO is 375 TDS in, 7TDS out.

Aquasafe responded and will send me a DI chamber and resin for $10 + 10 for shipping. Talk about customer service! They are very quick at responding, you guys are right about how great their service is. Even if it's my own fault, they make it right!