Lighting HELP

downhill_biker

So my landlord came over today to drop off some stuff and I asked her if she wanted to see the tank. She came in and I went downstairs to turn on the lights and only one was on.

Then after she left I went downstairs and made sure the controller was in the right state, and that the ballast was on. The ballast makes the normal humming noise for each bulb, but I am getting no light.

The bulbs are about 2 months old, but I tried another anyways, and nothing. The ballast is still humming, but nothing is coming out.

Radium 20k, 2 months old. Lumenmax reflectors, about 4 months old.

It is hardwired the whole way, no plugs all the way from the socket to the internals of the ballast. I opened the ballast just to look, and everything looked fine. Put it back together and now the other bulb is firing, and the one that was firing before, is no longer firing...this has to by symptoms for something...

figured out the problem. it was the controller. the first plug is wacked out and not working properly. when i opened the ballast i unplugged them, and when i plugged them back in i guess i switched plugs. that is why the one firing changed. i guess i will be contacting neptune to see why this dc8 is shorting out.

thanks for the help everyone.