Favorite things in your tank?

Barleychown

Guest Mbeef61

blonde naso tang....montiporas....hermits they make the reef look truely alive.

most my friends actually point out my turtle tank next to the reef...its funny...free turtles vs...thousands of dollars worth of reef

My fav is probably my green Torch or the Ricordias, my wife's is the Crocea clam. I also really like the various sponges in the tank. Visitors seem to notice and appreciate the Ocellaris clowns ("Nemo!") first. Nobody 'gets' SPS except people trying to keep SPS in my experience. Many of my visitors don't even realize it's alive (which, in my case, it often isn't ;))

lol Friend point out the cool green thing, ya we really like that.... Neon Green algae...

Most seem to like candy cane I got from Impur

Not hardly anyone notices SPS

Oh and they like Hermits! LOL

and the Jawfish and clams.

I have noticed that most people who are not into the hobby hardly notice the SPS, at least i am not the only one who has had this happen.(laugh) (laugh)

Hmmm either my PPE zoos or my acan echinata. The first thing ppl notice in my tank is the clam or the cleaner shrimp. Its always whats that big blue thing? A clam. Thats a clam!!?!?!? Then i put my hand over the light and it retracts and they say Ooooh that is a clam thats neat. Is that a shrimp? Are you going to eat it someday?

P1010260.jpg

P1010263.jpg

Well they get interested in the SPS once I tell them they are liviing.. the reply is usually something like.. what those aren't fake rubber coral thingys?

No sir, everything in here is real living things other than the sand and rock, but if you look close... you might not believe me on that either.

Of course I could care less what others think... Its worth the effort just to see the looks my kids make of their faces when they watch the tank, other than the morbid, ruthless killing you watch daily.. But I guess it gets them used to things dieing. My hermits are ruthless little bastards... Killing each other all the time just for fun and leaving the hermit and shell. I think they fight for territory. Can't wait till they reduce the numbers enough to get snails.

Hmmm either my PPE zoos or my acan echinata. The first thing ppl notice in my tank is the clam or the cleaner shrimp. Its always whats that big blue thing? A clam. Thats a clam!!?!?!? Then i put my hand over the light and it retracts and they say Ooooh that is a clam thats neat. Is that a shrimp? Are you going to eat it someday?

LOL tell them YES ! ask them "Did you bring the garlic and butter i asked for?"(naughty)

In vietnam they also drink snake whiskey :eek:

Everyone notices my lack of fish, people always look and say "why such a big tank if you don't put anything alive in it?" then a few seconds later the shy scopas and the six line start playing in and out of the caves and they see the polyps wiggle on the hammer and they see the closed brain and then people ask "wow those are some cool anemones, is that what you call a brain anemone?", and my favorite is when the rbta moves behind a rock and people ask "why did you put that back there where you can't see it?"

I like the montiporas and the brain, my partner likes the big brown mille and the hammer most

Not hardly anyone notices SPS

This is the part that humors me.......

i have a lps/softy tank and a sps only system..................

People think the lps softy tank is way prettier and more amazing.......I of course dont......

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Is that a shrimp? Are you going to eat it someday?

LOL tell them YES ! ask them "Did you bring the garlic and butter i asked for?"(naughty)

Tell your friends sure, we can cook up as many as they would like, they only cost over $1500 /lb.....it's probably a low estimate if you actually calculate the weight and what we pay for these things.(scratch) Too bad they didn't offer live ones at the asian markets like they do lobsters.(naughty)

My uncle and his wife came over last year when I had my 100 gal. His wife was glued to the tank and said to my uncle come look at all of the cool plants he has in his tank..LOL I then showed her the fuge under the tank and showed her the plants, and explained that the large green thing in the tank swaying in the wind as she said, was not a plant, but a Toarch Coral.. LOL

Silly pessants! If they only knew that plant cost me an arm and a leg!

My favorite is my superman acan lord, and my girlfriends favorite is My gold teardrop T.max, or her stupid star polyps. Seems like everyone that comes over here really notices the fish first. And the RBTA. Then they all notice how my large clown won't let my smaller one anywhere near it. Yeah, i kinda think its funny too. :)

cool plants he has in his tank..LOL I then showed her the fuge under the tank and showed her the plants, and explained that the large green thing in the tank swaying in the wind as she said, was not a plant, but a Toarch Coral.. LOL

Silly pessants! If they only knew that plant cost me an arm and a leg!

I have a customer that always refers to corals as plants. He will say "my plants arent looking so good" I reply "you have plants in your tank?@!" then remind him they are animals.

It doesnt matter, I have never once heard him call them corals or animals and he is in the shop about twice a week.

I have a customer that always refers to corals as plants. He will say "my plants arent looking so good" I reply "you have plants in your tank?@!" then remind him they are animals.

It doesnt matter, I have never once heard him call them corals or animals and he is in the shop about twice a week.

What are corals? LOL :)(whistle) (scratch) (enforcer) (laugh)

I have a customer that always refers to corals as plants. He will say "my plants aren't looking so good" I reply "you have plants in your tank?@!" then remind him they are animals.

I'm shocked. Although it's disappointing, it's not surprising that this person still gets to take home reef life. Cash is king.

I'm shocked. Although it's disappointing' date=' it's not surprising that this person still gets to take home reef life. Cash is king.[/quote']

Keep Diggin Peiro, lets see if your able to get under my skin, as its apparent your trying. How many posts are you going to make my one comment?

Actually this personal does very well with the corals that go home. He actually doesnt buy any more as he doesnt have room for additional coral. He has a dinner plate sized toadstool leather as well as many others.

Why dont you go back to TRT and fight your battle there.