puntific

Phosphate!  

1. 1.

• Nothing but limit feeding
    • Phosphate reactor
    • Dosing of Sugar, Vodka or Vinegar
    • Both 2 and 3
    • Something else entirely

My Nitrate levels are zero but my phosphaste levels are still around .1-.2. I've been reading that phospahte levels can effect zoas a lot. How do you control your phosphate?

Please give your reasons for chosing your method! If you are dosing, what are you dosing and how much?

Thanks for playing!

I run a phosban reactor, the "two little fishies" one;

http://www.marinedepot.com/filters_two_little_fishies_phosban_reactor-ap.html

I have it beig fed my a maxijet 900. TH MJ feeds my UV sterilizer, Ca Reactor and the phosban reactor.

My PO4 reads less than .02, and that is using a hanna meter-Oh and I feed as much as I want when I want-sometimes twice day.

My NO3 is less than .01 as well-thanks to purigen in a filter bag, sitting in my return sock in the sump.

I unbumped this and frankly I'm more intersted in this! Rebump.

What type of algae are you talking and what amounts?? I'm not sure I follow the question. I have no algae in my tank, other than the trace amounts that collect on the glass that wipe away with my glass cleaner.

Byrd-

Do you have a Hanna Photo-meter?

No I dont, Patrick at SWF down the street has one. I have the Red Sea's kit, it goes from 0 to the next color being .1

I have taken my water to him a couple times and it tests at .02, so as long as my Red Sea kit shows zero I know I am at zero or point zero something, less than 1 for sure-(laugh)

Travis at Upscales also has one-if you are ever up this way

I have a 0 reading for NO3 and PO4 but i know its there because my macro is growing well and i had red turf algae like no other. Even with a phosban reactor it didn't seem to make a difference. Then i added carbon dosing and i'm seeing a slowdown in the macro growth and a lot of the turf algae on my rocks has died back :D

So all you who voted for something else entirely... What is it????

Impure, what form of carbon are you dosing if it isn't the ones listed (Vodka, sugar or Vinegar)? Or maybe you didn't vote? Edit: OK, I'm a little slow. You voted D. Too early still.

I have a 0 reading for NO3 and PO4 but i know its there because my macro is growing well and i had red turf algae like no other. Even with a phosban reactor it didn't seem to make a difference. Then i added carbon dosing and i'm seeing a slowdown in the macro growth and a lot of the turf algae on my rocks has died back :D

I'm using a reactor right now.

My only problem is I have no test kit or meter to measure my actual levels.

But I'm sure I have someform in my tank.

Either from water, from food, from some type of leaching, or something.

I believe everyone has some in their tanks and you just need to limit it as much as possible.

PS- I also use macro algaes.

• 1 month later...