torque wrench

jason7504

what about ducks?

That would be another option however I would check Harbor Freight first. They have a better return policy. I've bought small things like hole saws and grinding wheels from Duck's but I don't think I would get a torque wrench there.

I like Ducks' date=' with there waggly little tail! They taste good to!! But what do they half to do with a torque wrench?[/quote']

Duck's is a surplus store down the street from my house that sells a lot of cheap tools. They are usually knockoffs of cheap Chinese knockoffs (yes I said it twice) that don't have very good quality control. A lot of the tools it really doesn't matter much but for some things there is a limit.

That isn't alot of torque. Just tighten it nice and snug so you feel safe that its good and tight and go with it. I learned over my lifetime of being around cars that most torque specs are more just guidlines and its usually better to over torque just a bit. UNLESS ITS PLASTIC!!!! Sorry I dont own a torque wrench (go figure) or I'd let you borrow it. My dad has one but it was pretty spendy and he guards it.

so you think i dont need a torque wrench for that?
No, I've never used a torque wrench on a steering wheel. Go buy some red locktite and then put a drop (just a drop and no more) on the threads. Then tighten it down until it feels snug. The locktite will keep the bolt/bolts from backing out.

Red locktight a good idea. I usually use blue as you might not get it back apart with red. I have seen that stuff seriously hold things together. Blue will keep it from backing out but make it removable later on.

That is why I specified one drop. I use the red for setting up rearend gears so it's what I normally have on hand.