Shout out to all Veterans.

Rick

A little late but I wanted shout out to all of my fellow Veterans in honor of the holiday to thank you for your service to our country.

If you are a Veteran I would like to hear from you. A few of you I already know are but I would be curious who else is. I served 4 1/2 years in the USAF for those that are curious.

Thanks, same to you. Served 5 years in the Army with the 82nd Airborne Division. Mos: 11B Infantry. Did 2 tours in Iraq, 6 months in Norther Iraq and 15 months in Baghdad. Also spent a month in England cross training with British Paratroopers (a blast!!) Just got out early this year and am now going to school at PCC for the time being. Rick what did you do in the AF? Im curious to here about other people backgrounds as well....

-God bless the Troops, never forget the fallen....

20 years and counting. I am currently a Warrant Officer in the Coast Guard. I started out as a boat coxswain doing search and rescue and Maritime Law Enforcement. Did six months in a Bahraine working with the Seals doing smuggling ops off the coast of the Iraq and worked as a Boarding Officer doing counter narcotics operations in the Caribean.

Currently I am a Investigating Officer and conduct all boating accidents for all of Oregon, South Washington and Most of Idaho. I also represent the Coast Guard in front of an Administrative Law Judge for acts of mariner misconduct, negligence and violations of law or regs.

I am also a DOT drug and alcohol program inspector.

God bless the Troops!!!

Thanks, same to you. Served 5 years in the Army with the 82nd Airborne Division. Mos: 11B Infantry. Did 2 tours in Iraq, 6 months in Norther Iraq and 15 months in Baghdad. Also spent a month in England cross training with British Paratroopers (a blast!!) Just got out early this year and am now going to school at PCC for the time being. Rick what did you do in the AF? Im curious to here about other people backgrounds as well....

-God bless the Troops, never forget the fallen....

I was an Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Crew Chief) between 1984 and 1989. I served my entire enlistment in Texas. (Lackland AFB for Basic, Reese and Sheppard AFB for tech school, and then Laughlin AFB for Permanent Duty)

I want to extend an especially large thanks to those of you that served and are serving in worse times than I did. Technically I was a reservist during the gulf war but I was not called to duty.

I Never served' date=' but I would certainly like to extend my gratitude![/quote']

I'll extend a humble your welcome. Humble because we are only a few among many that came before and after and some of them made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

On a side note I would like to say how proud I am now as a father as my son has chosen to serve in the Army. (He goes in in January)

I spent 4 years in the USAF. I basically listened to dots and dashes (Morse Code) for the whole time. I did my basic at Lackland, tech school in Biloxi Mississippi, Then spent my whole career in Tacoma Washington. I originally signed up to join the Marine Corps, but my ankles got me rejected.