Nice Deals! Black Friday is comin!

R-3

Mike Panasonic, Samsung, Toshiba are all better than Sony and less $$!!

Well I will keep an optomistic eye on those as well then.

I have had Sony equipment for what seems like forever and never had a problem. That's why I lean towards them. Hell I just lost a Sony TV that lasted 14 years.

Yah Sony isn't a bad brand, they make a decent product that lasts a long time. My buddy who works at Video Only says they market their TVs for the older crowd, that way they don't have to keep up on the picture quality quite as much cuz those folks have worse eyes (laugh) and more $$.

But if you put a similar Sony next to a Panny, Samsung or Toshiba you can really tell the difference. Sony looks more fuzzy is the best way i can describe it.

Walmart had a great sale over the weekend, XBOX 360 for $199 and get a $100 gift card, 15.6" HP laptop for $298

Mike Panasonic, Samsung, Toshiba are all better than Sony and less $$!!

Hey Miles what do you think of that Sharp for $500?? Seems like a good deal.

I got a panasonic 52" and I love it! I went out with my "tekkie" friend and we spent all day looking at different tv's. Even went up to portland looking around, and I found Video Only had the tv I want at Best Buy for $250 cheaper! Plus they delivered to my house for free! If anyone ends up with it (a panasonic) I got it dialed in by professionals, just pm me and I'll give you the numbers! Don't want anyone else wanted to pay a couple hundred bucks to have someone make your tv picture look right!

I think that samsung is overrated for what you pay for same with sony, only thing I think samsung has is a truer black. That in turn has it's downfalls though. It makes your picture look darker overall, but if you lighten it then the colors are off! Otherwise I agree with Miles!

Ryan thats a good deal for a 42". I couldn't see how many HDMI ports it has, i want at least 3. But a 42" 1080p LCD for under $500 is a great deal IMO.

Ruthie is you panny LCD or plasma? Mine is a 50" panny plasma I absolutely love it. If your is a plasma shoot me the numbers i'll give it a try!! :D

Plasma will give you blacker blacks, not as much blurring in action shots, and a brighter screen. Plasma also takes more energy to run, and doesn't have quite as long viewing life. Also once the screen starts to go, there is no fixing it.

LCD is advancing and will overtake plasma. Cheaper to build/buy, longer viewing life, less energy, and you can replace the bulb when it goes out on some models. The refresh rate is up to 240mhz so those sets are on par with plasma now.

LED and/or laser technology will make both plasma and LCD obsolete in the next year. Well not obsolete, as they will still make them. But those technologies are more advanced.

Ruthie shoot me the #'s please :D

I usually buy my TV's at video only (sometimes costco), if you are a good negotiator you can usually talk them down substantially from the list price. Both of my most recent purchases were 20%or so off the list price. If you have a friend that works for one of thier competitors get them to write you a lowball quote, it usually helps.

The other thing to think about when your decided between plasma and LCD is look at it from the sides. Most people just look at the screen head on when there at the store, but you need to look at it from the sides. Most people look at the tv from an angle at home (at least some of the time) and you lose a lot of the picture with LCD. That or it warps the image or you lose it altogether. So when your buying make sure you look at it from a side angle that you will have at home.

I got a question, I've got a 32 inch LCD and some times the movie or chanel will still have the black blockout lines like it's a reg. tv and the pic is in the 9x16. I've watched some channels that have the black bar's all the way arround to make it like a smaller tv. is that a setting or what?

I bet it's your setting. Go into your formatting and set what it's set at. When you bought the tv it came with the default setting so unless you go in and change it it will still look like your watching a older tv. Make sure that your format setting if on full.

I got a question' date=' I've got a 32 inch LCD and some times the movie or chanel will still have the black blockout lines like it's a reg. tv and the pic is in the 9x16. I've watched some channels that have the black bar's all the way arround to make it like a smaller tv. is that a setting or what?[/quote']

I got a question' date=' I've got a 32 inch LCD and some times the movie or chanel will still have the black blockout lines like it's a reg. tv and the pic is in the 9x16. I've watched some channels that have the black bar's all the way arround to make it like a smaller tv. is that a setting or what?[/quote']

I would say its the broadcast or the movie you watching. Widescreen movies will always have the bars at the top and bottom. Some TVs have a zoom setting that will reduce the bars, but it also reduces at the sides of the screen. If you don't like the bars always get the full screen version.

When you watch an HD channel, but the broadcast is not in HD, there will be bars on both sides of the screen. I am guessing its the channel you are watching that makes the picture like a smaller TV.

I know this is kind of funny but what would be a good tv for x box play. I don't need a huge screen. I am not greedy. This will go into my man cave (one of the kids finally moved out!!!) Already have a big screen in the tv room so want something with good quality but don't need it huge. I was even thinking of going old school and buying a regular television.

Thanks, R

• Like 1