Nice Deals! Black Friday is comin!

R-3

If its xbox 360 then you want this badboy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889253200

If you are looking to save some $ you could go with an off brand. Or a brand like Vizio which is still pretty good. Depends on how big you want, but i think 32"-40" are plenty if you aren't really into game big time. In this size range you really only need 720p.

If its xbox 360 then you want this badboy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889253200

If you are looking to save some $ you could go with an off brand. Or a brand like Vizio which is still pretty good. Depends on how big you want, but i think 32"-40" are plenty if you aren't really into game big time. In this size range you really only need 720p.

I agree with Miles on this tv. But if your tv is going to be used for blue ray movies I would go with 1080p. Most of the time you won't need 1080p, but when you do it's worth the extra money!

My next buy is a ps3 for the blue ray player in it. It's a plus that it's an awesome game console as well. Now that the price has come down on them I think it's the best way to go for a blue ray player. They have the best refresh rate of any BR on the market. That way you get to see what your tv was really made for at it's best! Easiest way for me to get the wife to agree to getting another game console too!(clap)

http://www.walmart.com/Vizio-1080P-Lcd-Dvd-Home-Theater/ip/11037434

for gaming this is a great tv. buddy of mine has it hooked up to his ps3 and it rocks. I like vizio and think they are under rated because they arent a "big name" brand tv.

I wouldn't say Vizio is under rated. They are known as the best TV in the budget category, pretty much across the board. But even their high end TVs compete with the best out there. I just think its cuz they are the newest one to make a big splash, they have only been around a few years.

• 2 weeks later...
I would also go with the Samsung. I am a big fan of them' date=' LG, and even some of the Hitachis and Sonys. The Visios are a great value and excellent tv as well. If you guys need the hook up, my dad is the manager at the Tualitin Best Buy and he can swing some great deals on TV.[/quote']

Really, Im loving the new LED T.V.'s! I may be in touch after the first of the year!

Ok, that was nut's!!!! I just spent 3 hours at walmart!! Unless they are giving something away I wont be doing that again! I did save $230 with what I bought! For the first 1 1/2 hours, every cart had an emerson 32 inch T.V. I did get my PLS3 with 2 games and a movie for $300, but the GF says we cant use it till x-mas :(

Thanks for the Black Friday reminder. I won't go into stores on BF! Love internet shopping! Needed (?) a second TV. Saw that Dell was offering 20% off with bing cashback, plus sale, plus free shipping.

Not the best TV, but should be OK for a second TV. Had to do some Bing tweaking and disabling cookies, etc. Could have dropped a small coupon on them, but didn't want to get greedy and besides I am used to Bing timing out.

Sharp 42" 1080 LCD $899.00 (hyped price)

Sale $300.00 off (better)

Bing cashback 20%

Price with shipping = $480.00

Thanks for the Black Friday reminder. I won't go into stores on BF! Love internet shopping! Needed (?) a second TV. Saw that Dell was offering 20% off with bing cashback, plus sale, plus free shipping.

Not the best TV, but should be OK for a second TV. Had to do some Bing tweaking and disabling cookies, etc. Could have dropped a small coupon on them, but didn't want to get greedy and besides I am used to Bing timing out.

Sharp 42" 1080 LCD $899.00 (hyped price)

Sale $300.00 off (better)

Bing cashback 20%

Price with shipping = $480.00

Whats the deal with the bing 20% off?? Later

Bing will offer cashback at various rates. Sometimes the big discount is only for a day (sometimes hours) You need to search instead of looking for the store. It is a "trick". IE, search "monitor Dell" at Bing and in the right column a list appears with an "official Dell" link. Click the $ sign and it will give you a higher discount for the entire site. Register and decrypt visual code. Sometimes you have to remove old cookies. I meant in the previous post to disable PAST cookies, not current. In fact I didn't have to do it this time. Slickdeals.net has details as well as fatwallet, etc.

It usually take about 2 months to get back your $ (to avoid returns).

I think right now there is a 10% ebay. I used to have to search "Roomba ebay" to get the big Ebay cashback. You used to need to do a "buy it now" purchase.

YMMV

Well I went to Sears at 5:30am, checkout lines were horrendous unless you wanted the electronics dept. I walked in said "I want that TV right there" walked out 5 minutes later $750.00(with tax) poorer. I ended up getting the Samsung 50" Plasma. Another bonus! when I got home my DVD player was an S video hook up, the TV does not have S video. My loving wife said "well, looks like we need to get a new blue ray player now" I have a question though about my Comast HD DVR. I can hook it up to the TV up with either the RCA jacks or with an HDMI cable. Is there much difference in picture quality between the two for broadcast television?

Question #2 The sales lady at Sears said when you pick it up & take it home "DO NOT LAY IT ON IT"S SIDE" why? will the plasma leak out & then I have to go donate some to refill it?(laugh) Mike

So did anyone else get hooked up? My girlfriend did all of our shopping for Christmas starting at 3am last Friday! The best part about it was that I as home sleeping :)

I had to wait till tonight "Cyber Monday" to get my deal but I am happy! 50" 600 hz Panasonic 1080P Plasma for $880 :) Gotta love price matching!! I can't wait to watch some football on it.

You scored well! That Panasonic is a great TV.

My deals:

42" Sharp 1080 for $480.00 w/20% Bing (for business) Dell.

Tom Tom 130 GPS for $54.00 . Sale plus $25.00 off $75.00 ejunkie coupon. Staples.

Sony dvd (for business) $29.00 w/ 15% Bing. Walmart.

Razor SE edition scooter $25.00 Amazon Flash Buy (or whatever they call it?) Amazon.

Never stepped into a store. Let the better half do the line thing. If I get into a line I start mooing like a cow and for some obscure reason it irritates the other shoppers?

Well I went to Sears at 5:30am, checkout lines were horrendous unless you wanted the electronics dept. I walked in said "I want that TV right there" walked out 5 minutes later $750.00(with tax) poorer. I ended up getting the Samsung 50" Plasma. Another bonus! when I got home my DVD player was an S video hook up, the TV does not have S video. My loving wife said "well, looks like we need to get a new blue ray player now" I have a question though about my Comast HD DVR. I can hook it up to the TV up with either the RCA jacks or with an HDMI cable. Is there much difference in picture quality between the two for broadcast television?

Question #2 The sales lady at Sears said when you pick it up & take it home "DO NOT LAY IT ON IT"S SIDE" why? will the plasma leak out & then I have to go donate some to refill it?(laugh) Mike

Use the HDMI or component cables (blue/green/red). HDMI allows sound in the same cable, with component cables you will need an additional optical cord.