150G Bowfront

Bitricker

well I just picked up a 150g bowfront w/ stand for a deal I just couldn't pass up. It also came with a old 55g, 2 - 48" coralife 4x65w PC's, a refractometer. quite a few various pumps, powerheads, filters, and heaters. all for $150. I gave them an extra $50 becuase I thought it was appropriate, still $200 seems pretty darn good to me. Now I just need to find a house to move to so I can start setting it up!! At least the lights make my 55g look alot better than the crap I had on there.

Anyhow once I get it all sorted out and get a new camera (so I can show you what the hell I'm talking about) I'll probably need some help figuring out how some of the equipment works. There was a phos reactor, pieces to a skimmer, and some various boxes and such that I'm not really sure about as well.

STOKED!!!!(clap)

Sorry about that! I wish I coulda gave em more for it really ... they were some really nice folks in a tough situation. I promised them pictures as it get's up and running as it's all I could do. G/F woulda killed me otherwise(wife) ... had to give them extra while she wasn't looking as it was.

I believe it is. it's 72X18ishx24ish seems right to me?

72x18x24 comes out to about 135 gallons. find the average front to back dimension and use that for the third figure. May not be exact but should be close. Then multiply the 3 dimensions and take the result and divide it by 231 to get the gallons.

Sounds like a pretty nice tank. A 6 foot long bowfront is something that isn't seen too often.

Yea the 18" measurement is at the back of the bow, I figure it's 24" at the front of the bow so I'm guessing 150 is right. The guy said he had a friend that owned a pet store in CA that hooked him up with all the stuff. It's in storage until we move tho, I'll get it cleaned and measured and get pictures as we set it up.

• 2 weeks later...