DIY Calcium Reactor

wanareef

Well finally finished this thing - added a JBJ Bubble counter w/a Fabco needle valve, just wanted something a "little" better than the stock valve on the Milwaukee regulator.

I was too lazy DOH! to tap the the top flange to have the probe sit inside the reactor - I'll probably do that when I get back from vacation

calicum-reactor.jpg

The liquid is nothing but a heavy mineral oil that cost about $4.00 and can fill up about 10 bubble counters.

That white tube is for recirculating the CO2 gas that collects at the top of the reactor.

Thanks Roy and it works DOH!

Gumby - hard to tell, I always have acrylic around and when the urge to make something happens - the JBJ Bubble Counter is $15, the Fabco Needle Valve is $25, the brass check valve is $10, the Mag 3 pump ?, John Guest valve $5, misc John Guess fittings $12, CO2 proof hose $2, ARM Media $28, heavy mineral oil $4, Milwaukee PH Controller $78

Calcium reactor is meant to keep a steady level of calcium in your tank. You first need to find out at what rate your tank uses calc. then you can set up a reactor to add that amount back in to always keep the level right. It's not really a plug and play type of item though since there are many other things you have to watch for when you have one...