I just got in an accident!

CA2OR

:eek:....yep...my first one(scary). Can't believe it. It wasn't horribly bad...no body got hurt. I was driving down Burnside to drop off a co-worker and at around 16th this guy on a mo-ped, of all things, runs the stop sign (wasnt me) which planted him right in front of me.DOH! He said his brakes locked up when he tried to stop and he just slid out there(hitme), then he tried to accelerate to get out of the way....which was the mistake.DOH!.

Anyway, thankfully the guy is fine and he pushed his moped home after the ambulance checked him out and gave him a clean bill of health. Also, he was wearing a big jacket and a helmet which I have no doubts kept him from any harm....wish I could say the same for my car though(crazy). Although it isn't totalled or anything like that, there is a decent amount of damage done to the front end....so if any of you know a body shop around Beaverton feel free to pass along a referral.(whistle)

I am sure my wife is going to be stoked when I get home (wife) and she hears about this.(hidesbehindsofa)

Side note....with this being my first accident I found the experience to be anti-climatic and over all dissappointing. I guess I had higher expectations.(nutty)

lol, the dint in the hood looks like the guys butt. Good thing the guys ok.

I bett you will the picther of the car hitting the guy stuck in your head for a bit though.

I still have it in my head when I center puched the guy who pulled out in frount of me in his little Datsun B210. I was driving a 4door Pontiac Catalina. I still see the guys head busting out the side window.

All was well but he spent a couple days in the hospitals and then tryed to sue me after.

Glad nobody got hurt, Hopefully the F'n moron riding his Moped is going to pay for your car-being he was at fault (flame).

The part where he skidded than tried to accelerate-picture that VROOM goes the moped zero to 60 in, oh wait its a moped zero to 20 in what 50 seconds? He MAY have been able to pull away if you were giving a ride home to your co-worker on your SKATEBOARD.

If someone is going to share the road, and I dont care bike, car, horse/buggy, grannys wheel chair, have insurance or offer up to pay. You imply you are not getting compensated, I think I would have taken his Moped-:D

I always fear hitting someones dog and how bad I would I would feel, but then how worse I would feel as I ask them for their home owners Insurance policy to cover my damage, as I would expect nothing less in return.

Heartless as it sounds, which it should not, what ever happen to being accountable for your actions? I bet your car has 1500-2000 dollars damage maybe more

Glad your OK man, especially with wife and child pklus we need you around, you got another drawing and contest to take care, you are not allowed to get hurt :eek:

Thats some dry humor Brad (threaten)

In Oregon you need insurance for any thing motorized. Oregon is VERY liberal with any thing on the roads. Bike runs stop sign oh well. Bike runs stop sign & gets hit 95% of the time you get to pay to fix it AND medical bills for the idiot that was riding it. Then they sue! We are a no fault state so even if it's proven to be the other guys fault it still goes on YOUR driving record.

I to would like to know "When are we gonna stop letting things like this happen"

I say we should all call people on rudeness! My thinking is it's outta hand.

Rude kids/adults

Crying brat's

Dog's off leash

Not removing animal waste

Spitting when & were ever

littering cig butts

I think when good old fashion manners are gone then rest is gonna go *** well.

I should also metion that:

I am a:

mother

grand mother

dog owner

smoker

Glad your o.k. Eric. Sorry to hear any accedent is stressful. Let you insurance know right away.

Beckie

lol' date=' the dint in the hood looks like the guys butt.[/quote']

Yeah I know...I saw that today too.

I bett you will the picther of the car hitting the guy stuck in your head for a bit though.

I do as a matter of fact....like a still shot movie

Hmm....he did a "California stop" and got hit by a California driver. Conicidence????(whistle)(laugh)

Hey....I resemble that remark(enforcer)

why are you worried did he not have insurance? and I bet he's laid up today after the adrenalin whore off lol

Actually he has the same insurance company I have. And I have no doubts he remembered the accident last night, this morning when he woke up(booboo)

so what happended when you hit him? did he go flying or what?

He rolled up and I dumped him off when I stopped.DOH!

We are a no fault state so even if it's proven to be the other guys fault it still goes on YOUR driving record.

This is the part that pisses me off the most.(flame)

You can fight to get it on only his record. I know because I had some guy from Bonneville Power blow through a stop sign and I hit him even though I swerved. He didn't even flinch otherwise he would have been able to miss me. I argued with the insurance for a while and got it to show as 100% NOT AT FAULT(I made them put it in the record like that). The reason the guy had a stop sign was because their are 15' tall bushes that completely make a wall for the whole block. I couldn't see him until he was in my lane, by then their was no chance since he was not paying attention...(flame)

Since you both have the same insurer this should be even easier.

Sorry to hear about this, but glad your ok. Sucks that we just talked about this and then it happens! What I would do is wait to settle with your insurance. It's actually worse that it's through the same insurer. They won't think they have to pay as much as they should for it! If you want I have a friend up in Oregon city that is a lawyer that could help you out. I was talking to my lawyer and he was saying that he usually can get about $25,000 for just a fender bender if you do it the right way. Just a thought. Wait to make sure you don't have any medical issues before you settle and GO TO THE DOCTOR just to make sure! the crazy thing is even when you think your fine sometime it takes months for things to develop. It took an army of doctors to find out that my spine was leaking fluid 8 months! It was all caused by my accident and now I have a lot more in medical bills with as many surgeries that I need/have had!

Damage was appraised today and the total for my vehical is $1686.74. I am willing to bet his mo-ped isn't worth that. He had a 78 something or other.

so it could have been a vespa maybe(not a moped). If it was a Vespa it may have been worth that much. If it had a side car ( I know it didn't but still) it would be worth a lot more then your car is even(laugh)...

Well now they are saying that his insurance my not cover the accident. Apparently there is a discretion between the guy and Progressive over whether or not he has current coverage. Both myself and the cop noticed that his insurance card was expired. Looks like I will be paying for all of it now.

Well now they are saying that his insurance my not cover the accident. Apparently there is a discretion between the guy and Progressive over whether or not he has current coverage. Both myself and the cop noticed that his insurance card was expired. Looks like I will be paying for all of it now.

Progressive sucks! I just switched from them because I fought with them on my accident! I wasn't at fault for my accident and her insurance was covering everything, but they(progressive) disputed my PIP. They were going to be reimbursed for everything they paid out. You have uninsured motorist insurance?