Frag tanks

reef165

Cool, I do plan on adding one to my tank once mine gets to where I am needing to thin out my DT! I do understand the need to grow tank raised corals and relieve the pressures on our natural reefs! I would hope that in the future that us as hobbyist's could sustain the Hobie with our tanks and not have the need to remove any corals from the ocean!

I think now days that anyone with a seriuos interest in this hobby and if they have the room should have a frag tank or something similar.

This hobby and the people in it are going to have to become more reliable on hobbists to grow corals as bans become more of a possiblity/reality.

I am planning mine as I type this.

I have 2 reasons for setting one up. First is to see if I can use a lighting combination that will be more conducive to good growth that may not match the light I prefer in the display and the second is that I eventually intend to reserve the display for colonies rather than frags. I.E. The growout tank will be a working tank and the display will be a show tank. I have a third reason as well which is to give a home to a few fish that probably would not survive for long in the display which is an aggressive tank.