can you test to see if a tank is tempered?

jgf86123

hey guys, as some of you know, i just picked up a 30 breeder yesterday, the guy i got it from was unsure of the manufacturer, but was fairly certain, after having talked to 3 different tank makers, that it is untempered. i was wondering if there was a way to test this to make sure? im looking to drill a hole in the bottom of the tank and in one side for drain and return so i hope some of you can tell me the answer to this question.

thanks

mick

so i guess i need to get a pair of polarized sun glasses and im assuming the lcd screen doesnt have to be on' date=' so ill use my laptop to check it with, thanks a ton guys, you made my night for sure[/quote']

Might be easier to use a cell phone lcd.

odly enough with the old video equipment that method works quite will. Take old nintendo and VCR for example. If hitting it didn't fix it' date=' blowing into it would.[/quote']

I thought that was somewhere in the manual for the old nintendo cartridges. I think you had to do that with all of them to get them to work. (Oh, my good old standby if that failed was to throw it across the room as hard as I could. That sometimes helped.)

my methods always been the hammer an concrete method personally, although i have used a forklift on a cell phone that wasnt working right, not a good idea to be honest lol

i still havent tested the glass yet, still need to clean it, but, i did get my stand roughed in, so ill have to post up some more pics in my build thread