colors

markdadof2

snowpunk, you nailed it :) I think it is a rainbow acan - and it is from Tim.

This is under 250Wmh - about 14" depth. Supplimented with two t5 HO actinics.

The MH bulb is the stock Hamilton one that came with the hood. Can't wait to get a good Phoenix 14k soon.

Those are the one's he donated for prize piece no?

Yep it is....

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14708

mine isn't from there. Sure wish it was!!!! I'm just trying to figure out how to get some color out of it' date=' unless it's just butt ugly. Under 400MH radium. About 14" from light.[/quote']

Mine is a little different as it has electric blue colors in it too but I have to keep mine in the shade at the bottom(16" or so I think) just to keep it from bleeching out..

mine isn't from there. Sure wish it was!!!! I'm just trying to figure out how to get some color out of it' date=' unless it's just butt ugly. Under 400MH radium. About 14" from light.[/quote']

Try down under some shade. I have one acan (bright red/green) that like a little more light about 12" under 250w MH 15k. The other one I have does better with even less. It's actually doing the best I've seen so far in the growout tank under the 6500k spiral bulbs. (1 1/2 eyes are quickly turning into about 7 or 8 and the coloring is better under these bulbs as well)

Wow, really? I took mine into 400 watt mh's and put them on the bottom of my 240 and have watched them color up better than they ever have! And I think in the pasr month they have gotten twice as big! They were under 250s and never really brought the bling! Now they are really rockin! So are my lobos! In fact everything in my new tank is thriving, well all that weren't in the rubber,aid with the heater of death!

Clay

Wow, really? I took mine into 400 watt mh's and put them on the bottom of my 240 and have watched them color up better than they ever have! And I think in the pasr month they have gotten twice as big! They were under 250s and never really brought the bling! Now they are really rockin! So are my lobos! In fact everything in my new tank is thriving, well all that weren't in the rubber,aid with the heater of death!

Clay

What color temperature are they? The bottom of your tank under 400w lights is probably about like a 150w MH would be up around the top. I think the wider spectrum of the 6500k bulbs may be the reason I'm getting better growth from that particular Acan. The other one under the 250w is positioned to where it probably gets about the same light they would on the bottom under 400's. When I had it up high under one of the 400's though it didn't seem to like it too well. (I have a 400 on each side with a 250 in the middle)