Tangs

Beckie

I have a 150 gl. It is a mixed reef. I have

1 yellow tang -med

1 hippo tang-sm

2 saddle back clowns

1 coral beauty-med

1 diamond gobbie

I recently added the baby Hippo. To do that I had to put the Yellow tang in the sump, he doesn't take kindly to new tank mates. I would like to add other new fish. I really like tangs and would like to do it while he's still in the sump.

Opinions wanted.

Beckie

You've got to decide what you expect to have a year or 2 from now...

I had a beautiful Sohol...but....he got big and aggressive and ran over everybody...I had to find him a new home...an Achilles can do the same...

A purple tang...a scopas tang...a desjardini...a small powder blue...

I am thinking about Atlantic Blue tang for my tank...

Have you considered reef safe wrasses?

DrMerle

I would recommend a Red Sea Sailfin Tang too but I would be concerned that the Yellow and Sailfin may have problems as they grow. I believe these fish are both in the same family and sometimes similar shaped tangs don't get along well. Not saying it can't be done but it might be difficult. So I would recommend a Tang from the bristletooth family(Kole or Tomini) since you already have a Blue Tang. JMO

Reef safe wrasse would also be a great addition. I have a male Melanurus wrasse that has been great and has awesome colors.

I already made the mistake of adding yellow tang 1 st. I lived in Hawaii and always new I would have to have if I ever had a salt tank. I love the Naso but never see smaller ones. I never buy on line. Thanks all for the ideas, I'll keep reading your ideas.

Any one seen a smaller Naso around?

Beckie

I would recommend a Red Sea Sailfin Tang too but I would be concerned that the Yellow and Sailfin may have problems as they grow. I believe these fish are both in the same family and sometimes similar shaped tangs don't get along well. Not saying it can't be done but it might be difficult. So I would recommend a Tang from the bristletooth family(Kole or Tomini) since you already have a Blue Tang. JMO

Reef safe wrasse would also be a great addition. I have a male Melanurus wrasse that has been great and has awesome colors.

Such good advice, it needed to be posted twice(laugh)