WTT Pair of Bamboo Sharks

jadams7

A friend of mine asked me to see if anyone had anything they wanted to trade for his pair of Bamboo sharks. He is looking for trades for reef safe fish (preferably tangs) or possibly corals. Shoot me offers!

The sharks are healthy and thriving, he just wants to go a different direction with his tank!

One shark is about 9-10" and the other is about 8", give or take. The smaller is about two weeks hatched, and the other one is roughly two months old.

post-1660-14186777932_thumb.jpeg

post-1660-141867779323_thumb.jpeg

post-1660-141867779325_thumb.jpeg

post-1660-141867779328_thumb.jpeg

Yep, they have been since he transferred them temporarily from a 125. It is probably a bit small long term, and that is part of the reason these guys need a new home!

And sorry for the bad pictures, these guys are fast and had to feed them to get them to come out!

I'm sure I can look it up but do you happen to know a species name on those critters? I hadn't really thought of sharks but I have some large culturing vessels in my greenhouse and now the wheels in my brain are starting to spin! I will look into it more and see if these guys would be appropriate for my tanks!

Thanks.

Kyle

Ps, I bet they would look awesome under natural sunlight!

I'm sure I can look it up but do you happen to know a species name on those critters? I hadn't really thought of sharks but I have some large culturing vessels in my greenhouse and now the wheels in my brain are starting to spin! I will look into it more and see if these guys would be appropriate for my tanks!

Thanks.

Kyle

Ps, I bet they would look awesome under natural sunlight!

These look like Chiloscyllium punctatum. Not reef safe according to information although the reason given is that they eat inverts and small fish (I.E. Corals are probably safe). My Eel, Lionfish, and Trigger all say the same thing although so far none of them have been interested in eating the shrimp and inverts in my tank. (The only 2 I care about are the red fire shrimp) My tank is actually pretty close to being compatible but I would need to tear apart the rock to rebuild the reef to get the base rocks higher. (They are made with oyster shells which would cut the belly of the sharks) My Red Scooter Blenny would be at risk as well. (It already is with what I have in there but so far they haven't bothered it) They also need someplace dark to hide as they don't like bright lights. Oh, they also grow to about 41" and the bands fade when they become adults.

I think that covers the high points.

yea I googled em and found all that' date=' I have a couple tubs with no rock just deep sand beds they might do good in. I'm more worried about whether they are going to continually topple growing corals as that would make them an innapropriate addition[/quote']

Looks like they might. I could probably deal with that but I really only have room for one and to do that I would need to get rid of a couple of my favorites. I'm going to keep it in mind though for down the road if my smaller fish and shrimp disappear. I would need to get rid of the trigger though which would be an issue. (I think I would have to go head to head with my entire family as it's one of the few that everyone likes)

I had one of these before! It was so cool, it got to the point whare it would come out and grab pieces of squid out of my hand. I got rid of it when it was abought 18 inches and it was just starting to loose its stripes. Ya ya dont want it in with a trigger, I had mine with a clown trigger and the trigger started to eat the shark alive. It was nipping at its dorsal, the tip was down to the bone and the shark didnt do anything. I woulda just got rid of the clown but the shark was growing fast and was already way to big for the tank it was in! ( this was 8 years ago, I hadnt learned yet that ya should investigate before buying!) A friend of mine has a 8foot long x 3 foot deep x 16 inch tall tank that would be great for those for quite a while but last I herd he was prepairing to sell it.

Yep these sharks are really cool. I personally dont have much (if any) experience with sharks but these ones are sweet. Their skin almost shimmers, very cool.

As far as cash offers go, feel free to PM me an offer and I can check with him to see if that sounds doable.

Thanks!