Acetic acid in making Kalkwasser?

puntific

If you have a lot of Sps your alk is good, I would raise the Ca a little bit.

That said with Kalk you can keep ca up if your evaporation rate is high.

Usually during the winter is not very high and it could be not enough.

Depends on many factors.

Also Kalk could affect your ph a lot. I think the best solution is to have both, ca and kalk reactors, working in a way that you can keep your ph stable.

I'm adding kalk with a reactor and monitoring the ph with a controller. I let the controller stir the kalk in relation with ph. I don't have a ca reactor at now, because my ca consumption is kinda low and I use a salt mix that is rich on calcium.

I used to use kalk, then switched to 2-part. 2-part is much easier to adjust your levels and keep them high without screwing up your pH. Kalk is great to maintain a high level, but not good at raising or adjusting the levels.

I still use kalk every now and then just to use up my supply. I will always keep a little around just to NUKE aptasia or mojano (or ugly zoas for that matter).

dsoz

Kalk is great to maintain a high level, but not good at raising or adjusting the levels.

dsoz

Yes exactly. A good way to raise it is with frequent water changes with a salt mix rich in Ca. For instance with Kent I get 530 out of the mixing station.

2-part is great, I used to use it in my 2 nanos, but with bigger tanks is a little too expensive