Hook-ups at HD for Southdown sand

dj_giantti

I have been looking for places on the net that can get southdown sand. I need about 300 pounds of it. I have found that HD has it on the east coast. I was just seeing if anymore had and connections at HD that would alow the west coast to get some.

ok so here is a list

dj_gianotti 400 pounds 10 bags

Garrett 480 pounds 12 bags

Danik 240 pounds 6 bags

Total 1120 pounds 28 bags

So did you get HD to agree to do this? Do they even still carry it? (I've seen posts that indicate they may not) If not you undermined the work I've been putting into trying to get a group buy going to no avail, If you have then this is great news.

Arsonmfg, that price is high. I've found it for less per bag and a good bit closer than New Jersey. Still not close enough as the shipping is still outrageous even if I order a ton of it. (Until this thread I had enough interest to order at least a ton and perhaps more once a group buy was started)

So did you get HD to agree to do this? Do they even still carry it? (I've seen posts that indicate they may not) If not you undermined the work I've been putting into trying to get a group buy going to no avail, If you have then this is great news.

Arsonmfg, that price is high. I've found it for less per bag and a good bit closer than New Jersey. Still not close enough as the shipping is still outrageous even if I order a ton of it. (Until this thread I had enough interest to order at least a ton and perhaps more once a group buy was started)

Great deal on the price but the shipping is what will kill you

I thought it was a pretty good deal as well, but I only spent about 5 min on google to find that and I've never priced or used Southdown.

Rick, you obviously seem to know more about this stuff than most... I would think if you were able to order enough of it you could have it shipped freight through a shipping company for a decent price if you could get someone to load it on a pallet so it could be shipped properly

I thought it was a pretty good deal as well, but I only spent about 5 min on google to find that and I've never priced or used Southdown.

Rick, you obviously seem to know more about this stuff than most... I would think if you were able to order enough of it you could have it shipped freight through a shipping company for a decent price if you could get someone to load it on a pallet so it could be shipped properly

Check this thread:

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14883