TOTM WINNER!!!

stylaster

PNWMAS TOTM winner is Danik! Congrads! (clap)

Danik has been informed of his win and will post up more pics of his tank and information when he comes online.

Please post the original pic that he won with while we wait for the rest. The NAME may not be known by all.

Thank you for choosing my tank for the first PNWMAS TOTM.

I started my tank in the middle of 2006 and mostly was interested in fish. Later i started getting interested in soft corals and then moved to LPS. As you can see how crowded my tank is, i had to put all the corals in groups to prevent coral wars. There are so many other corals i want to get so i end up getting a 300 gallon tank. So later this year i will be setting up the 300G, I can’t wait!

Tank maintenance: one every 4 days i changes the filter sock and run a magnet to clean the acrylic, ones a month I do a 50 gallon water change and wash the skimmer cup. I don’t add anything extra to the tank except calcium and sometime iodine, for most part it takes care of it self.

Main Tank: 125 gal 48X24X25

Filtration: Precision Marine skimmers, 35 gal sump with sock and Sedra 9000 pump as a return.

Lighting: Two 250W metal halide 20K XM bulbs with 2 Super Actinic 48” VHO

Calcium addition: DIY kalkwasser dosed by a aqua medic doser pump as top off water

Circulation: Two Seaswirls and a Vortech MP40W.

Other:* All controlled by a Aqua controller III, I also have a refugium which i run my lights opposite of my main tank.

Here are my up to date pictures.

20091023-DSC_3024.jpg

20091023-DSC_3087.jpg

20091023-DSC_3088.jpg

20091023-DSC_3037.jpg

20091023-DSC_3054.jpg

20091023-DSC_3061.jpg

20091023-DSC_3081.jpg

20091023-DSC_3082.jpg

20091023-DSC_3073.jpg

20091023-DSC_3033.jpg

20091023-DSC_3031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Nice!

You better start fragging those. They will soon block everything out!

tell me about it, it's blocking a lot of light. I am waiting to hear on a house that i put a offer on, that's were I am going to put my 300 G tank. I hope all the candy canes don't die(scary) till i move everything to the 300 G.

Fantastic!!! Is that a frag of red digitata sitting right there on top? Are you seriously using your monti as a frag stand!!!

Looks amazing. Nice job.

yes it is, you know that monti does work good as a temperary frag stand.

I didn't think any one would notice.(whistle)

• 2 weeks later...

What a great tank to have as the first TOTM. Usually everyone gravitates toward an SPS dominant tank, but this one is amazing, it certainly got my vote. I really like the mix of corals, softies, lps, sps, its great. I can imagine you get some stinging going on between corals. I absolutely love those monti pics, simply amazing.

• Like 1

What a great tank to have as the first TOTM. Usually everyone gravitates toward an SPS dominant tank' date=' but this one is amazing, it certainly got my vote. I really like the mix of corals, softies, lps, sps, its great. I can imagine you get some stinging going on between corals. I absolutely love those monti pics, simply amazing.[/quote']

thanks downhill, i will be setting up a 300gal tank soon with a fish room so that will take care of my crowding problem. soon... can't wait.