A parent donated our first corals!!

tidalsculpin

So, I had a nice surprise today as a teacher. I have been slowly fish stocking my school reef tank getting ready for corals. At open house I mentioned I was going to start a reef to my parents. Well.... I got my last fish in last week--- a monstrous watchman goby that was a trade in to Liquid sunshine FS.

And today, today...... an awesome parent gave me four pulsing xenia frags, a bright purple mushroom polyp, and tons of yellow polyps. I am so excited. They came at just the right time. The kids are gonna love it on Monday. They already dig the big old watchman. He must be 6 inches long!!!

I'll have pics Monday! Sorry not tonight. I had to get the corals in the tank and get home to be with my kid by 5:30. The goby is happy and has found a spot under the rock but his tail sticks out because he is so big. I have a transparent cave goby that lives "next door" and they seem to be getting along so far. The coral beauty leaves the big watchman alone since he is so big. I'd love to get some more corals like from ya. PM me and I'll let you know how to get to my school and when would be a good time to come by.

I'd love to get my wife into having a reef in her classroom too, it just may take some time for her to get used to this whole thing and having her help in the care at home. (the fish is my thing, but she loves watching) She teaches 5-6 grade ESL (english as a second language) kids and they rotate to her classroom all day and would get great exposure. She could use many things in the environment for learning, especially the colors! Did your students demand a Nemo and Dory? What grades do you teach? Our house ends up with too many kids, but at least they get to learn from our new reef at home.