Best Honeymoon Location

downhill_biker

So I am getting married next July and am planning a trip leaving on the 1st of August through the 15th of August. My fiance has agreed that we want a snorkeling/diving oriented trip.

We would like something all inclusive and in a great location for coral and fish. We have been to St. Thomas and St. John (staying in St. John), as well as several places in the Dominican Republic (staying in Punta Cana).

This is not an unlimited budget vacation. We would like to keep it reasonable. What are the best locations you have been to for snorkeling, diving, and overall experience?

I had a great time in Puerto Villarta but there wasn't really any reefs. Lots of pretty angel fish and such as well as a couple of sea turtles. I think you could make a killing collecting snails and shipping them up here. It is amazing how much life there is there. The jungles were the cool part too though they don't really consider their forests jungles. There were iguanas everywhere we went and lots of other tropical critters. Cool place to visit but definatley not a reef destination if that is what you are looking for.

I went to Fiji on my honeymoon and it was amazing - bright, colorful, tons of fish. heaven. Also very expensive. I'm sure it can be done for cheaper than I did it, and especially now that everything is cheaper. But I think the flight was almost 4 grand. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Bora Bora is more expensive than Fiji.

I think Belize or Cook Islands would be cheaper, but still very nice - and great snorkeling. Belize has the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world.

I remember looking at Cook Islands, but they had just been hit by a massive hurricane and were rebuilding.

Any, congrats! Remember to take lots of pics.

cook islands are really remote so if your looking for quiet there the place. Bora Bora is on my hit list but a friend of mine who went for 7 nights paid 10K for over the water bungalos thats three trips to the Caribbean :D

Cook Islands have been suggested on several forums. Looks really nice. Also looking at Bora Bora' date=' they have over-the-water bungalos that look amazing. And Fiji is not out of the picture of course.[/quote']