I went ahead and did it....Tunze

drock59

I bought a Tunze Stream 6100 for my 75g along with a single controller.

The Tunze goes along with my dart on a closed loop and my mag 9.5 which gives me about 94 X turnover rate. I was worried it would be too much for my little four foot tank. I have also used some SEIO's and Maxijets in the past but this thing is about 100 times better.

After just a few days up and running, things look awesome. NO detritus collecting along the bottom and the fish are loving it. NO dead spots for stuff to rot and collect. Not to mention the controllability. I highly recommend.

Just thought I would share for anyone considering a Tunze purchase. (clap)

I'm not sure about a vortex. My thinking is' date=' isn't your tank a RR without Euro bracing,? wouldn't you have to lower the water level/ Would the overflow still function as well? Just asking[/quote']

no way i could use my OMs even the way i have it set up without eurobracing...........

You could take care fo that on a glass tank with some pieces of glass and silicone and a little creativity though to deal with whatever your flow desires may be ; )..........

Im using a dart for the CL. It basically blows behind my rocks to keep all the detritus from collecting under my rocks.

The Tunze bounces off the wall and then comes all the way back to the pump. Basically creating a giant circle/wall of water. Its wonderful. (rock2)

I bought a Tunze Stream 6100 for my 75g along with a single controller.

After just a few days up and running, things look awesome. NO detritus collecting along the bottom and the fish are loving it. NO dead spots for stuff to rot and collect. Not to mention the controllability. I highly recommend.

Just thought I would share for anyone considering a Tunze purchase. (clap)

I've been considering it, but the price is still holding me back. ;)

Do you run the tunze at full power, or dialed back?

My 120G will have a shallow sand bed. Would I have trouble with a tunze? If I decided to get one, should I get a 6100 or a 6000?

Is one on a contoller enough for a 4" tank for starters (with a couple of MJs in addition)?

Does the single controller have the nightmode and food timer?

How close to the tunze can you place the corals without running into trouble?

-Susanne

I've been considering it, but the price is still holding me back. ;)

Do you run the tunze at full power, or dialed back?

My 120G will have a shallow sand bed. Would I have trouble with a tunze? If I decided to get one, should I get a 6100 or a 6000?

Is one on a contoller enough for a 4" tank for starters (with a couple of MJs in addition)?

Does the single controller have the nightmode and food timer?

How close to the tunze can you place the corals without running into trouble?

-Susanne

Susanne,

For you tank with the sand bed I would get a 6000, if you find later that it is just not enough flow you can replace the power module and it becomes a 6100.

I have a 130g tank (basiclly a 120 but 2" taller) and I use 2 6100 on full power, they are pretty much my only circulation in this tank. I also do not have a sand bed otherwise it would be flying everywhere.

If you have the money get 2 6000 and the 7095 controller, that controller does a lot more and will allow you room to grow.

I would keep you corals atleast 12" from the output.

The Tunze forums on Reefcentral.com has a LOT of good info and there are a lot of post from people with 120G tanks on there.

Rich

Thanks for the info, Rich!

So, you can just replace the power module and get the stronger one (for a reasonable price?)?

Two Tunzes plus the multi controller are definitely out of the picture unless someone wants to sell them at an awesome price used.

But it seems they barely go cheaper than the new ones, even used.

I'll definitely take a look at the RC Tunze forum!

Did I see your name on one of the recent Tunze sales there? :)

ya definitely get the 6000 if you have a sand bed. These things throw out a lot of flow. I dont have to worry about that running a BB tank.

Two 6000's even on a single controller with the splitter cable would work and be a lot cheaper than buying the expensive 7095 controller. The single controller has a food timer and is capable of running night mode with the addition of a photo cell.

Speaking of night mode, is there any evidence or reason to get the photo cell? I mean does it benefit the coral or fish in any way?

PS. you gotta be quick on RC to get a TUnze. :) Also, its actually cheaper if I remember, to buy the 6000 and upgrade to the 6100.

Thanks!

Are Tunzes generally long lasting? And do they have good customer service even if something goes wrong after the first year?

If I spring that much for a pump, it needs to be really reliable and long lasting!(plotting)

And the single controller makes it possible "pulse" the pump to creat wave action, right?