Anyone else get Drs Foster & Smith mag?

impur

Guest Mbeef61

i guess you have to have worked in the lfs to understand...i totally agree that if saltwater fish were cheap...like compared to freshwater fish...there would be much less concern about conservation and responsibility...i agree its not proper to stereotype but the fact of the matter is if they are 2.00 they are considered disposable...kinda like people think of snails...''oops it died i better get another.'' sometimes people need to have to pay some decent prices in order to create some initiative to MAKE them learn to take care of things properly.

i want to share the hobby too...but only to the responsible and people that know what they are getting into...im my experience price often times MAKES people research and if charging a little higher ''scares'' people into making the right decision for themselves, then good.

as far as the internet prices not affecting lfs you need to talk to some store owners...prices skyrocketed for local stores after the boom of computers and internet...you should talk to some mom and pop stores that have been open since the early 80's...you will probably be hard pressed to find one but ask what internet has done to prices. even places like petco are affected...its mostly prices on drygoods...internet companys can specialize and buy in bulk and cut prices in half where at lfs buy only one or two units of each product which usually carries little or no price break...i see alot of people that love to support local stores but i dont know many that would gladly give 50-60 for a bucket of salt when you can get it for 30-40.

Wow...

Leave the kids alone....

Dr. F&S has, the last 2 times, sent me salt for free when I ordered it through the free shipping promotion. This was a mailbox promotion... Said... (paraphrased...) Haven't heard from you in a while... Would free shipping help you decide to order?... lol Of course it would with the "heavy" items... ;)

You guys (ladies... must include) are great... I have been involved with this internet community for over 2 years.. Reading some of the posts are a real ROTFLMAO !

Thanks for the Entertainment!

Bill

Used to have the logon BAD930S...