I found this chemistry site, check it out

Lowman

That is pretty cool. I first found it just a couple of months ago...i was playing with my mag at he time....

I am a little confused as i was playing with some Kent tech M, and according to that calculator i would need 61.7 oz of kent tech M to bring a 225 gallon net water system up to 1350 from 1200. I was warned abut adding too much mag at one time so is tarted with just a few capfuls a day........within 2 weeks, my mag was there. ?????

Using a salifert test and double checking.

Like i said...it still confuses me some as ive heard other people say the same thing abouot kent tech M, yet it took nowhere near that much to raise my levels

???

To be honest, part of me defintely thinks i am something wrong, as that calculator has more than a little bit of time and effort into it......but i cant for the life of me figure out what it is.

I use reef crystals salt, which test fairly low in mag to begin with(from the number you state, sounds like you do as well ; ) ).........I still have more than half of the gallon of tech m I initially bought and i just tested my water for mag earlier today, and it is right where it should be.

again.... ???? donno

I've been fighting the Alk/Ca/Mg battle after raising my Alk too high too fast. I've noticed the same thing wrt Mg -- the Salifert Liquid Magnesium I am using is affecting my Mg level much more than the label says it should (based on what the label says, it'd take 3 bottles(!) to return Mg to normal - they recommend using the dry stuff if you are off by much). I'm thinking that my raising the Alk caused a lot of the Mg to precipitate out (Ca too, but that's another posting ;)), and as I return Alk to normal the precipitated Mg returns to solution thereby raising the Mg more than the additive should. Maybe something similar for you?

One thing's for sure, the Alk/Ca/Mg relationship is complex...

lowman I sent that link to you to do your epsom... doh!

Did you switch over to Ryans stuff? Or you still using epsom? I was not happy with the epsom so I got a few bags of the good stuff... and the price was right.. thats for sure.