ATO pump?

siskiou

I've been using an airlifter pump for my 40G ATO, but I think it's a little too slow for my 120G.

It practically has to run all the time and gets pretty warm.

What pumps do you all use for your top-off?

I love the airlifter, because it's almost silent, but have the feeling it will burn out soon if it's on all the time.

Do you have a link to that?

All I could find is the Litermeter III, plus a bunch of accessories that are all expensive, too.

I'd love to have a unit that tops off two tanks (the 120G and the 20H are both in the same room, and we've half decided to not break down the 20 after all).

$152.....takes care of two tanks......im not sure how much less the 1 tank version is

http://www.spectrapure.com/St_alc_p2.htm

I havent actually hooked it up yet......i just put my rock in the 90 a few days ago..........

its on the weekend project list.........

Let me know how it works for you!

For now I'm going to have to stick with my simple system, but maybe in the future.

I thought I was almost set, but there are still a lot of things on my list that I'd like to get at some point.

Probably a couple of thousand bucks worth!(nutty)

My main concern right now is getting some water movement into the tank (MJ mod, most likely) and some more LR.

And then a 20 sps for $200 coral pack, a few months down the road.

A few fish would be nice, too.

I use one of those cheap little extention cords with a float tied into it' date=' type of ATO's with a powerhead hooked to it. They cost about $15.00 or so on e-bay, never had a problem with it. Yet.[/quote']

That's exactly what I have right now!

What pump do you use?